Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Announce] ARD Audiothek Plugin - Browse and listen content of the ARD Audiothek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Announce] ARD Audiothek Plugin - Browse and listen content of the ARD Audiothek

With this post the ARD Audiothek plugin reaches version 1.0.

Browse and listen content of the ARD Audiothek in the Squeeze system. The ARD Audiothek provides access to audio streams and podcasts of the German public legal radio.
    The latest stable release is available via the official 3rd party plugin list.

Thanks to all users who supported the development by testing the nightly release and suggesting additional features.
    To provide information on bugs or feature ideas write a post in this thread or file an issue on the GitHub Repo: https://github.com/mzedd/LMS-ARD-Audiothek-Plugin.

Best Regards
    Max
    Last edited by mzedd; 2021-04-14, 20:45. Reason: Replaced link to repo with '3rd party plugin list'

Originally posted by mzedd View Post

Browse and listen content of the ARD Audiothek in the Squeeze system. The ARD Audiothek provides access to audio streams and podcasts of the German public legal radio.
    The latest stable release repo is available via https://github.com/mzedd/LMS-ARD-Aud...atest/repo.xml.

Thanks to all users who supported the development by testing the nightly release and suggesting additional features.
    To provide information on bugs or feature ideas write a post in this thread or file an issue on the GitHub Repo: https://github.com/mzedd/LMS-ARD-Audiothek-Plugin.

Best Regards
    Max
    As stated in the related dev thread:
    Great plugin!
    I use it on a daily basis now - it makes tedious manual search for many (german) podcasts obsolete & I found a bunch of intertesting new ones already.
    @mherger: Could you make this in the 3rd party plugin available?
    LMS 8.x on RasPi4 (running along with OMV and AdGuard)
    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero

Comment

[Announce] ARD Audiothek Plugin - Browseand listen content of the ARD Audiothek

>> The latest stable release repo is available via
      >> https://github.com/mzedd/LMS-ARD-Aud...atest/repo.xml.
      >>

> @mherger: Could you make this in the 3rd party plugin available?

Sure. But @mzedd: can you make sure the filename does change with every
      release? The way it is now the URL wouldn't change. This likely can
      cause caching issues where LMS wouldn't update, thinking it was the same
      file as before.
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
        But @mzedd: can you make sure the filename does change with every
        release? The way it is now the URL wouldn't change. This likely can
        cause caching issues where LMS wouldn't update, thinking it was the same
        file as before.
        @mherger I assume you mean the zip file name? I added the version number at end of the file name like other also packages do and will update it with every stable release.

Thank you for adding the plugin to the official repo

Comment

[Announce] ARD Audiothek Plugin - Browseand listen content of the ARD Audiothek

> Thank you for adding the plugin to the official repo

Done.
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
          (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

The latest stable release repo is available via https://github.com/mzedd/LMS-ARD-Aud...atest/repo.xml.

Best Regards
            Max
            Thanks for developing this very nice plugin for the German speaking audience. I discovered some interesting podcasts with the help of this plugin :-)

Comment

Yes, Max - Thanks a lot for this nice Plugin! We and especially my son using it a lot. Now, my son knows LMS and the the Squeezeboxes are a lot more than Spotty and the 3 Investigators ;-) Anyhow also special thanks to @mherger for the Spotty Plugin!
              LMS: 8.3.1 - 1667914563
              on RPi4/ Raspbian Buster 10
              points to MusicLibrary on QNAP TS212 (NFS)

1x Duet - Cntrl-FW: 8.0.1-r16907/ Receiver-FW: 77
              2x SB Radio - FW: 8.0.1-r16907
              1x Squeezebox Boom - FW 57
              1x Transporter - FW: 87
              RPi 2B - pCP 8.0.1/ SqueezeLite v1.9.9-1391-pCP
              Softsqueeze 3.9.2 on Win 10 / Squeezeplay 8.0.1r1343 on Win 10
              Squeeze Player 1.3.21 on S22/Android 13.0.0

Controller:
              Android Phone - Squeezer 2.3.0/ Material Skin 3.0.1

Comment

v1.1.0

Hi all,

yesterday night i released v1.1.0. It should now be available on the LMS.

Changelog:
                - Added GPLv3 license
                - Playlists can now be added as favorites
                - Reduced cache TTL to one hour

Best regards
                Max

Comment

Bundesliga live

Hi Max, first of all, thank you for this great plugin. Our family uses it almost every day.
                  But there seems to be a problem with a new service that started recently: Since a few weeks, german public broadcaster ARD owns the audio livestreaming rights for the games of first and second division (football) Bundesliga. In the Audiothek's "Sport" category there is a new entry called "Bundesliga live".
                  If selected in the plugin, e.g. on the SB Touch, you see a spinner but nothing happens.
                  In the Material webinterface you can see the streams which are available, but choosing one of them gives you a "Streaminfo not found". In the classic webif you see the streams also, and when choosing one of them it looks like the stream is playing, but on the hardware player nothing happens.
                  I'm in Germany with a german ip, so it shouldn't be a geoblocking issue.
                  Perhaps you can take a look - Especially my sons would be veeeery happy if there is a solution😀

Comment

Hi all,

yesterday night i released v1.1.0. It should now be available on the LMS.

Changelog:
                    - Added GPLv3 license
                    - Playlists can now be added as favorites
                    - Reduced cache TTL to one hour

Best regards
                    Max
                    I just found about this. Great plugin, thank you!
                    QLMS [email protected] x64 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L (QTS 4.3.4)
                    LMS 8.4 x64 / Intel NUC8 i3 (Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS)

Comment

Originally posted by becherelko View Post
                      But there seems to be a problem with a new service that started recently: Since a few weeks, german public broadcaster ARD owns the audio livestreaming rights for the games of first and second division (football) Bundesliga. In the Audiothek's "Sport" category there is a new entry called "Bundesliga live".
                      If selected in the plugin, e.g. on the SB Touch, you see a spinner but nothing happens.
                      In the Material webinterface you can see the streams which are available, but choosing one of them gives you a "Streaminfo not found". In the classic webif you see the streams also, and when choosing one of them it looks like the stream is playing, but on the hardware player nothing happens.
                      I'm in Germany with a german ip, so it shouldn't be a geoblocking issue.
                      Hi becherelko,

thank you for this bug report! I took a look at this problem and it seems to be related to the use of a different API of the Audiothek. The Plugin currently uses the REST API of the Audiothek. But the support for this API is deperecated. A few days ago i already started porting the plugin to work with the also available GraphQL API. This API has access to the Bundesliga livestreams. I think the problem will be solved with version 1.2 which i am currently working on.

Best regards
                      Max

Comment

Great news! Thank you very much for the quick response and your work on making this plugin even better!

Comment

v1.2.0

Hi together,

i finally finished version v1.2 of the ARD Audiothek plugin. The plugin now uses the GraphQL backend of the Audiothek. Frontend wise there are no major changes.

Good evening
                          Max

PS: @becherelko you can now listen to Bundesliga live

Comment

HI mzedd,

first of all thanks for the update and the possibility listen to Sportschau live .
                            I've got a question regarding the storage of a collection to favorites and try to give an example.
                            First I move through Hauptmen├╝ > ARD Audiothek > Suche and enter eg. "Pumuckl" in search field an click on the lense.
                            Hauptmen├╝ > ARD Audiothek > Suche (Pumuckl) > Sendungen returns exactly one result of a collection which I put to favorites by clicking the heart.
                            Clicking on the cretaed favorite, it shows me existing episodes like this
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-10-04 09-03-24.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1573388
                            Is it possible to have the names of those episodes there instead?
                            Last edited by Rasputin_GY; 2021-10-04, 08:09.

Comment

Hi Rasputin_GY,
                              thanks for this suggestion.
                              I just modified the plugin to display favorite playlists meta data. The update will be on the LMS 3rd-party repos in the course of the day

Comment

Working...
                              X