Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announce : Global Player (UK) Plugin (Classic FM, Capital, Smooth, Heart, LBC etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    Hi

I've been using your plugins for a while now, with your GlobalPlayer the one I use most. I've been trying to hunt down a problem I have with my LMS system in that it slowly grinds to a halt in response to mouse clicks etc. Upon rebooting my server, I am asked to login to mysqueezebox.com and redefine the location of my music and playlist files. Thinking it was a hardware problem, I built a new server on an RPi4 (was using a Dell 3040) but ended up with the same problem.

After a bit of digging around, I found that the 'server.log' file was absolutely huge, populated mostly as below:

Code:
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6468] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6471] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6473] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6476] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6479] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6481] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6484] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6487] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6490] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6493] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6495] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6498] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6501] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6503] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6506] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6509] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    [23-02-23 11:51:26.6512] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (707) Failed to stream
    ​
    The above is but a small excerpt. Any suggestion as to the issue, or the next step in finding the source of the problem?

Thanks
    I've found a problem when a live programme is restarted from pause, which I think is causing your problem, please can you try version 2.2.1.
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the BBC Sounds Wiki.

Comment

Release 2.2.1

This release fixes an issue when resuming from a long pause and the live programme cannot be restarted at the pause point

It's available from the beta repository now and will be available from the main repository at the next refresh shortly.
      Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
      BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by expectingtofly View Post

I've found a problem when a live programme is restarted from pause, which I think is causing your problem, please can you try version 2.2.1.
        Have updated and will watch the server.log file over the next few days. Thanks for your plugins and your support!

Comment

Yesterday, I noticed I couldn't play any channels through the plugin - oddly, it would seem to get the channel metadata - i.e. the image updated - but it just sat at "connecting". Same thing this morning, but now after hitting play/pause/play a few times, it's playing again. When it's not working, I see

Code:
          [23-03-21 11:53:30.5504] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (713) Failed to stream
          in server.log. Server is latest 8.3.2.

Comment

Originally posted by psketch View Post
            Yesterday, I noticed I couldn't play any channels through the plugin - oddly, it would seem to get the channel metadata - i.e. the image updated - but it just sat at "connecting". Same thing this morning, but now after hitting play/pause/play a few times, it's playing again. When it's not working, I see

Code:
            [23-03-21 11:53:30.5504] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (713) Failed to stream
            I am also seeing this. I'll see if I can work out what's changed and implement a fix....
            Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :

Comment

Code:

I am also seeing this. I'll see if I can work out what's changed and implement a fix....
              It looks like Global are having streaming problems. However, the plugin handles it particularly badly and gives up at the first hiccup. I've implemented a fix that does the appropriate retries.
              Last edited by expectingtofly; 2023-03-21, 17:15.
              Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :

Comment

Release 2.2.2
                • Adds retry handling to when there are audio chunk streaming errors.

It's available now from the beta repository, it will be available from the main repository at the next refresh later today.
                Last edited by expectingtofly; 2023-03-21, 17:33.
                Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :

Comment

Release 2.2.2
                  • Adds retry handling to when there are audio chunk streaming errors.

It's available now from the beta repository, it will be available from the main repository at the next refresh later today.
                  Thanks so much.

Comment

Hi,

I've been enjoying the Global Player plugin, mostly for ClassicFM & LBC but recently (yesterday?) it has stopped playing any station. I'm not certain but it looks like Global now require you to create an account and login (similar to BBC Sounds & Bauer Radio) but the plugin doesn't have that feature. I'm using v2.2.2
                    1xRadio, 2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 1xSqueezeLite (on Rpi3/Jessie), SBS 7.9.2 (on Rpi3/Jessie)
                    Creator of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller.
                    Creator of LineInButton applet for the Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by indifference_engine View Post
                      Hi,

I've been enjoying the Global Player plugin, mostly for ClassicFM & LBC but recently (yesterday?) it has stopped playing any station. I'm not certain but it looks like Global now require you to create an account and login (similar to BBC Sounds & Bauer Radio) but the plugin doesn't have that feature. I'm using v2.2.2
                      I've just tried 10 different stations, including ClassicFM & LBC, they all play without problem for me.
                      Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
                      Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
                      Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Originally posted by kidstypike View Post

I've just tried 10 different stations, including ClassicFM & LBC, they all play without problem for me.
                        Weirdly it has just started working again. I didn't do anything so I'm blaming the interweb!
                        1xRadio, 2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 1xSqueezeLite (on Rpi3/Jessie), SBS 7.9.2 (on Rpi3/Jessie)
                        Creator of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller.
                        Creator of LineInButton applet for the Radio.

Comment

Release 2.2.3
                          • BUG FIX : Fixes a problem with live radio rewind and seek (that has been present since the clocks went forward!)
                          It's available now from the beta repository and will be available from the main 3rd party repository at the next refresh later today.
                          Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :

Comment

I know this could be the same streaming problem at the globalplayer side, but all globalplayer channels stopped working for me yesterday evening on 2.2.3. Log is ..
                            Code:
                            [23-04-30 08:17:27.3872] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (883) Failed to get M3u8 with error : Connect timed out: Connection refused
                            . Seems to get the channel metadata, but fails to play anything.

Comment

I know this could be the same streaming problem at the globalplayer side, but all globalplayer channels stopped working for me yesterday evening on 2.2.3. Log is ..
                              Code:
                              [23-04-30 08:17:27.3872] Plugins::GlobalPlayerUK::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (883) Failed to get M3u8 with error : Connect timed out: Connection refused
                              . Seems to get the channel metadata, but fails to play anything.
                              Is it still not working? I just tried Capital and that was OK.
                              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                              Bedroom: Radio
                              Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post

Is it still not working? I just tried Capital and that was OK.
                                Yep - still not working. Was fine until yesterday evening I think, but no globalplayer channels working this morning. Everything else is fine. I'm on LMS Version: 8.3.2 - 1679892799 on DietPi, which seems to be the latest 8.3 version.

Comment

Working...
                                X