[Announce] Community Firmware for Squeezebox Radio/Touch/Controller and LMS 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
    One of the users that reported it posted in this thread that he was in the USA so wasn't even listening to the 320kbps stream.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Indeed. It's a mystery. I've also tried to recreate the issue on the international streams.
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the BBC Sounds Wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphy View Post
      Yes the radio actually pauses the stream, until the output buffer fills a bit then resumes. Occasionally, this pause/unpause happens several times before the stream stabilizes, which could sound similar to stuttering when you first start a stream. I've not had it happen afterwards.
      OK, I think I have now become aware of this. After a session of extended playback, I noticed a few pause/unpauses occurring. These were at approximately 30 minute intervals this morning. Duration of pause is probably a second or two. Radio log shows audio underrun. This is with BBC Sounds, ar presumably 320k in the UK.

This may be what @christianhunt reports.

I’ll have to pay more attention, and perhaps compare against earlier firmware.

Comment

Hello,

I updated my media server from a 7.X version to 8.4. I also installed the community firmware plugin, and activated it in the plugin settings. I waited for two days now. But none of my radios nor my Touch system show the update, yet.
        Please, am I missing something?
        Regards, Hotti

UPDATE: Now it has appeared and install was fine, thank you!
        Last edited by Hotti; 2023-01-04, 23:13.

Comment

Old Squeeze enthusiaist here refershing my setups. I headed to the top of the thread and to the bottom. What are the main advantages of switching to this firmware? Is there a short summary somewhere?
          Louis
          Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by lrossouw View Post
            Old Squeeze enthusiaist here refershing my setups. I headed to the top of the thread and to the bottom. What are the main advantages of switching to this firmware? Is there a short summary somewhere?
            https://ralph_irving.gitlab.io/lms-c...changelog.html
            Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
            Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
            Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
            The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
            Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
            Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Thanks, so if I summarise correctly other than getting open(ish) firmware, which is not a bad idea, you get (for a Touch):
              * Some AAC decoder improvements
              * Some wifi improvements
              * Access via ssh

Assuming it's available for a Touch?
              Louis
              Last.fm

Comment

Yes, the firmware installs on your TOUCH if plugin installed on LMS (and in its settings you tick to activate the firmware). I've been using the community firmware for at least a year on two Radios and two TOUCH players, and have had no issues whatsoever.
                Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.3.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                Controllers: iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
                Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

So i've had some problems with LMS and I reinstalled and its working, the version is 8.4.0, but i see no community firmware in Plugins sections. and it has Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1627825​which repo should i Enter into this section
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by hatng View Post
                    So i've had some problems with LMS and I reinstalled and its working, the version is 8.4.0, but i see no community firmware in Plugins sections. and it has Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1627825​which repo should i Enter into this section
                    Thank you
                    Plugin should be under 3rd party plugins, I don't think you need enter any additional repo..

Click image for larger version

Name:	comm.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1627851
                    Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
                    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
                    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Originally posted by kidstypike View Post

Plugin should be under 3rd party plugins, I don't think you need enter any additional repo..

Click image for larger version  Name:	comm.jpg Views:	18 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	1627851
                      I don't have that part in my LMS

Views:	98
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1627864

Comment

Can you provide you LMS details, LMS > Settings > Information?

Here's mine -

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 - 1674060761 @ Wed 18 Jan 2023 06:48:58 PM CET
                        Hostname: pi4music
                        Server IP Address: 192.168.1.247
                        Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
                        Operating system: piCore - EN_GB - utf8
                        Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
                        Perl Version: 5.32.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
                        Audio::Scan: 1.05
                        IO::Socket::SSL: 2.071
                        Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
                        Total Players Recognized: 5​
                        Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

Can you provide you LMS details, LMS > Settings > Information?

Here's mine -

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 - 1674060761 @ Wed 18 Jan 2023 06:48:58 PM CET
                          Hostname: pi4music
                          Server IP Address: 192.168.1.247
                          Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
                          Operating system: piCore - EN_GB - utf8
                          Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
                          Perl Version: 5.32.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
                          Audio::Scan: 1.05
                          IO::Socket::SSL: 2.071
                          Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
                          Total Players Recognized: 5​

Views:	90
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	1627870

Comment

Originally posted by hatng View Post

Views:	90
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	1627870
                            Missing Socket SSL seems to be your problem.

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

Missing Socket SSL seems to be your problem.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum...ssing?t=114077
                              Got it working after install those:

pan Crypt::SSLeay
                              cpan Net::HTTPS
                              cpan Net::SSL
                              cpan IO::Socket::SSL

Thanks​

Comment

Working...
                              X