Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Announce] Spotty 4.0 - integrate local library with your Spotify collection (LMS 8+)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You can consider German the original 😉
    Michael

    "It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mherger
      You can consider German the original 😉
      Oh, I didnt know :-)

      Comment


      • "Render favorite items correctly, do not only show track URL."

        Thank you very much Michael!!!
        LMS 8.4 (Debian virtual machine on ESXi) - 3 x piCorePlayer on Raspberry Pi 3 - Yamaha RX-A840 - 2 x SqueezeAMP (boost version) - Squeezeplay on iMac at work (connected over vpn to home lms)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by urknall
          "Render favorite items correctly, do not only show track URL."

          Thank you very much Michael!!!
          Yes - very happy with this unexpected enhancement.
          Nicholas

          RPi4 / piCorePlayer v8.2.0 /Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.1/ Hifiberry Digi+
          3 Chromecast (2 mini x1 Chromecast Audio) 2 UPNP devices
          also use a Gramofon off platform

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Groundsman

            Yes - very happy with this unexpected enhancement.
            I thought I had looked into this before, but failed to find a solution. Now I was looking into browsing favorites once again for another reason - and stumbled across the fix for this. I'm glad it's finally working.
            Michael

            "It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
            (LMS: Settings/Information)

            Comment


            • Hi,
              in Spotify I have apprx. 300 songs in the list called "Liked Songs".
              Why can't I find that list in Spotty?
              Would expect to find it under Home -> Made for "Username" or Home->Uniquely Yours ?

              BR Terje

              Comment


              • Did you create your own client ID? See Settings/Advanced/Spotty.
                Michael

                "It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                (LMS: Settings/Information)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mherger
                  Velo17 what version of the Spotty helper are you using (see Settings/Advanced/Spotty)? Is there any hint about what it didn't like about Spotify's response?

                  Feel free to send me the server.log.zip: https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a
                  Today it happened again, shortly after I started playing a radio station. I hope you can gather useful info from my log - unfortunately it is 8GB uncompressed - accumulated in only 2,5 hours!
                  To recap, my current setting of Spotty are:

                  - 2 accounts of a family account set up
                  - 3 of 4 available endpoints are checked for inclusion in Spotify Connect
                  - Spotty helper app is spotty-hf (v1.3.0)
                  - the first 4 options of the advanced settings are disabled - the fallback access point is enabled

                  Comment


                  • Wow... I've never seen anything like that! From the stack trace (which goes 110314377 levels deep before it crashes or something?...) I must assume it's hitting an infinite recursion or something. But how so? I have no idea. I'll dig around some more to see whether I can find something.
                    Michael

                    "It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                    (LMS: Settings/Information)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mherger
                      Wow... I've never seen anything like that! From the stack trace (which goes 110314377 levels deep before it crashes or something?...) I must assume it's hitting an infinite recursion or something. But how so? I have no idea. I'll dig around some more to see whether I can find something.
                      For the time being I set up a little script that checks the log dir every 30 minutes and eventually stops the LMS, deletes the server.log and starts LMS again - only a dirty fix but at least I can stop the wasteful disk writing (in the beginning I actually had server.log fill up whole of the disk space :-) )

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mherger
                        Did you create your own client ID? See Settings/Advanced/Spotty.
                        Not made a client ID yet, do I need to?
                        I see the other stuff targeted for me, like the "Made for..." -> Daily Mix, Discover weekly and Release Radar but not able to find the "Liked songs" ?


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by terjehaa

                          Not made a client ID yet, do I need to?
                          I see the other stuff targeted for me, like the "Made for..." -> Daily Mix, Discover weekly and Release Radar but not able to find the "Liked songs" ?

                          Yes, you'll need one for the "my songs". It's not so much about permissions. But as that list can be huge, bringing it up can hammer Spotify's servers with dozens or even hundreds of requests: we only get 50 tracks per request. If you have 5000 tracks, that already makes 100 requests. This could lead to a ban. If you have your own client ID you not only have the full capacity at your disposal, but you also don't risk to get thousands of other Spotty users blocked.
                          Michael

                          "It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                          (LMS: Settings/Information)

                          Comment


                          • Hi

                            I would like to use Home Assistant to automate playing some Spotty/Spotify albums/playlists using its Squeezebox integration. For this I would need to figure out the CLI command to play a particular album or playlist. The problem for me seems to be to get the URL identifying the album/playlist.

                            For a track, this can be got from by clicking in the playlist, e.g. URL: spotify://track:1o6heh4aefLv3GJYjtfLa6.

                            How would I find the equivalent for an album and playlist?

                            Thanks!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Wigster
                              How would I find the equivalent for an album and playlist?
                              I do not use Spotify ... but a suggestion ... try putting one in LMS Favourite and then take a look at what was stored there.

                              Paul Webster
                              Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                              and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Wigster
                                Hi

                                I would like to use Home Assistant to automate playing some Spotty/Spotify albums/playlists using its Squeezebox integration. For this I would need to figure out the CLI command to play a particular album or playlist. The problem for me seems to be to get the URL identifying the album/playlist.

                                For a track, this can be got from by clicking in the playlist, e.g. URL: spotify://track:1o6heh4aefLv3GJYjtfLa6.

                                How would I find the equivalent for an album and playlist?

                                Thanks!
                                You should be able to use any URI as found in the Spotify apps' Share feature, eg. https://open.spotify.com/album/3QVucv8yhMn6grisY8JjZr.
                                Michael

                                "It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                                (LMS: Settings/Information)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎