Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announce: LMSSonos

Hi All

Just want to announce a bit a older project but tested now for several months and still workin stable. It allows you to integrate your LMS Library into your sonos app and stream it as it was a third party service e.g. spotify.

Have fun

If I understand, this would allow simple circumvention of Sonos' track limit? Woo-hoo!! Friends with Sonos for simplicity can now use all my music in one simple place!...I'll still never leave LMS and SB

Thank you!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PiPat View Post
      Hi All

Just want to announce a bit a older project but tested now for several months and still workin stable. It allows you to integrate your LMS Library into your sonos app and stream it as it was a third party service e.g. spotify.

Have fun
      Fantastic!!
      3x Squeezebox Touch
      1x Squeezebox Classic
      Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.
      Mobile: 3x Ipeng on Iphone / 2x Ipeng on Ipad / Orange Squeeze+Squeeze Player
      Laptops: 2x Squeezeplay 7.8.0-r328

Comment

Hi,

i have a Problem to understand the installation.

From the REadME
        LMSSonos

LMS Sonos is a bridge to show your Logitech Media Server (LMS) library within the SONOS app. You can run this code on your local PC or on a Synolgoy NAS.
        Installation
        Compile and run Server

Download or clone the repository
        Edit config.ts and change the configuration settings
        Run tsc to compile all typescript files
        Run node index.js

The LMS is working on an Synology NAS and i would like to run the LMSSonos also on the NAS
        The first to Steps are done. But i did not understand "Run tsc to compile all typescript files" and "Run node index.js
        ".

Can anybody give me a hint?

greets,
        sky

Comment

I have not checked the documentation but the implication is that you would use "cd" to move to the directory where the "tsc" file is and type
          ./tsc
          then
          node index,js
          or perhaps
          ./node index.js

Then once you are happy that it is working you would need to set the "node" part to run automatically on boot.
          Paul Webster
          Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
          and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
            I have not checked the documentation but the implication is that you would use "cd" to move to the directory where the "tsc" file is and type
            ./tsc
            then
            node index,js
            or perhaps
            ./node index.js

Then once you are happy that it is working you would need to set the "node" part to run automatically on boot.
            There is no "tsc" in the package and i find no command "tsc" on the synology nas. The same with "node". And that is my problem. And i find nothing about that in the documentation.

best regards,
            sky

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker View Post
              There is no "tsc" in the package and i find no command "tsc" on the synology nas. The same with "node". And that is my problem. And i find nothing about that in the documentation.

best regards,
              sky
              This might help
              TypeScript extends JavaScript by adding types to the language. TypeScript speeds up your development experience by catching errors and providing fixes before you even run your code.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
              Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
              Bedroom: Radio
              Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Plus ... from elsewhere (VSCode Info) it looks like you need to install npm first and then easiest way to get tsc is
                npm install -g typescript
                Paul Webster
                Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

So this would allow the Sonos App to control LMS? That's exactly what I want as I want to use Brilliant Smart Home and they have an augmented Sonos app built into their switches...
                  LMS 8.2 on QNAP Ts-h1886XU-RP R2
                  8 wired Touch End Points plus Transporter
                  Jolida Tube DAC III
                  Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
                  Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

Comment

I think it is enabling you to use the Sonos controller interface to select from LMS as a music source to your Sonos players.
                    I don't think it has anything to do with LMS players.
                    Paul Webster

Comment

Originally posted by PiPat View Post
                      Hi All

Have fun
                      would this allow you to use the sonos app to play music from LMS?
                      LMS 8.2 on QNAP Ts-h1886XU-RP R2
                      8 wired Touch End Points plus Transporter
                      Jolida Tube DAC III
                      Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
                      Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

Comment

Working...
                      X