Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announce: Material Skin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by darrell View Post

    Yes, I can see that would work. Just wanted to confirm that there was no option to switch back from within the app. I realise this is very much an edge case, so probably not worth catering for it in the app.
    Thanks,
    Darrell
    Actually it doesn't:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230315_223325_LMS.png
Views:	317
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1633915

    So it looks like either clear the app data (a pain, as customisations will be lost) or install Material in my sandbox server (not a problem for me, but if someone who was not the admin of the server got into this situation...)

    Would be better if the app simply ignored servers without Material installed in the first place.

    Darrell

    Comment


      Happened to me recently, only way out was to uninstall the Material apk and reinstall.
      Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

      Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
      Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
      Bedroom - Echo Show 8

      Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

      Comment


        Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
        Happened to me recently, only way out was to uninstall the Material apk and reinstall.
        No need to uninstall/re-install - simply clearing the app's data (via Android settings) would have caused a 'reset'

        I agree I should probably catch this error and show the settings page - just never been an issue for me.

        [Edit] I've created a github issue for this: https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material-app/issues/9
        [Edit 2] I've updated the APK code to handle this case, I just re-show the settings screen. So, should be fixed in 0.4.1
        Last edited by cpd73; 2023-03-16, 21:58.
        Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

        Comment


          Loven the features of this Skin. Along with the Online Music Library Integration plugin it makes a perfect player.

          I have recently setup a spare RPi with 800x480 4.3in LCD and Chromium, and found some odd LCD rendering when compare to a Firefox browser on a PC. Closer examination of the Material source just got me lost. Grateful for any thoughts about tweaking the code, or my RPi and Chromium setup to provide a wide screen mobile display like the following Firefox version.​

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20230317_firefox.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1634117

          Rather than this LCD version:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	20230317_chromium_800x480_LCD.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1634118

          Comment


            3.2.2 release, changes:

            1. When checking for numeric shortcuts (e.g. 'Alt+1') look for 'DigitX' on event's 'code' property. This fixes usage on French keyboard.
            2. Fix HTML showing for track listings in song view when using mobile layout on desktop.
            3. Check for errors with replaceAll.
            4. Change dimensions on which now-playing landscape layout changes.

            Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

            Comment


              APK 0.4.1 Release, changes:

              1. Added ability to specify Squeezelite options.
              2. Catch exceptions when launching PDF viewer.
              3. If receive 404 error when loading show settings page.

              ​As always releases can take a week or so to appear on f-droid, alternatively you can download from https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...ease-0.4.1.apk
              Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

              Comment


                Originally posted by cpd73 View Post
                4. Change dimensions on which now-playing landscape layout changes.​
                Is there anyway to override this? On my 1280x1024 desktop monitor, the old way worked better.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Apesbrain View Post
                  Is there anyway to override this? On my 1280x1024 desktop monitor, the old way worked better.
                  I've made some more adjustments for 3.2.3
                  Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

                  Comment


                    Everything’s fixed by new realease , thx Craig .

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by cpd73 View Post
                      APK 0.4.1 Release, changes:

                      1. Added ability to specify Squeezelite options.
                      2. Catch exceptions when launching PDF viewer.
                      3. If receive 404 error when loading show settings page.

                      ​As always releases can take a week or so to appear on f-droid, alternatively you can download from https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-mat...ease-0.4.1.apk
                      Thanks for the quick update to the app.

                      But there is a similar problem (this is when the server does have Material Skin installed) - if the connected server (either LMS or the whole machine) goes down, the app gets stuck on one of "net: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED", "net: ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED" or "net: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE". Example in screenshot on previous post here. It would be good to return to the servers page (or connect to another server if one is available) in these scenarios.

                      Thanks,
                      Darrell

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by awoz View Post
                        Grateful for any thoughts about tweaking the code...
                        After several tries with different browser screen sizes, I found that a 900x480 viewport would render the desired Material skin layout on my 800x480 LCD.​

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20230318_chromium_800x480_LCD.jpg Views:	7 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	1634241

                        Its not pretty, content="width=device-width was replaced with content="width=900 at mobile.html to achieve the desire result. Perhaps a new Material Interface setting would make this layout useful to others.
                        Last edited by awoz; 2023-03-18, 22:31.

                        Comment


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	135
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	1634260
                          Not sure why you need to change the viewport. The above is Material @ 800x480 - same layout as your screenshot.
                          Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by darrell View Post

                            Thanks for the quick update to the app.

                            But there is a similar problem (this is when the server does have Material Skin installed) - if the connected server (either LMS or the whole machine) goes down, the app gets stuck on one of "net: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED", "net: ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED" or "net: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE". Example in screenshot on previous post here. It would be good to return to the servers page (or connect to another server if one is available) in these scenarios.

                            Thanks,
                            Darrell
                            If I start the APK connected to a server, and then stop the server I see the red exclamation mark in Material, and can access the settings from there, Likewise if i turn off WiFi. So, no issue for me.
                            Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by cpd73 View Post

                              If I start the APK connected to a server, and then stop the server I see the red exclamation mark in Material, and can access the settings from there, Likewise if i turn off WiFi. So, no issue for me.
                              What happens if you kill the app or shut down the phone first, then shut down the server, then launch the app?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by cpd73 View Post

                                I've made some more adjustments for 3.2.3
                                I just tried the MASTER build and the problem with "now-playing landscape layout dimensions" remains. Went back to 3.2.1 and all is well again.

                                My browser window dimensions are 1258x962 if that could be accommodated. Thanks.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	1634276

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X