No announcement yet.

Announce: Material Skin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxOfCables
    I used Chrome, tap the dots beside the address bar > settings > privacy and security > clear browsing data > tick the "cached images and files" and click the button. Reload the material page, add to home screen and it should work.
    OK the key step was adding a new home screen shortcut. The old one didn't work [emoji2]. Is there any reason you don't use the Material apk? It allows the use of the phone hardware volume control.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
    Bedroom: Radio
    Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• Originally posted by slartibartfast
      Is there any reason you don't use the Material apk? It allows the use of the phone hardware volume control.
      I didn't know about it's existence initially, saw it just yesterday. I was put off by the permissions, don't see why it would need to read the phone ID and I've not looked into who made the app. (Yes I'm no doubt overly paranoid).

For the volume control, I love the swipe to change so I wouldn't use the hardware buttons anyway.

Comment

I didn't know about it's existence initially, saw it just yesterday. I was put off by the permissions, don't see why it would need to read the phone ID and I've not looked into who made the app. (Yes I'm no doubt overly paranoid).

For the volume control, I love the swipe to change so I wouldn't use the hardware buttons anyway.
        It was made by the developer of Material Skin. The phone permission is there as I think there is an option to perform an action if a call is received. You don't need to allow any of the permissions.

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

don't see why it would need to read the phone ID
          There is code to pause/resume playback when a call is received. However, I'm not sure how well this works in practice - so perhaps it should just be removed. Even if it does work, its not something I personally see the use of...
          Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

It was made by the developer of Material Skin. The phone permission is there as I think there is an option to perform an action if a call is received. You don't need to allow any of the permissions.
            Originally posted by cpd73
            There is code to pause/resume playback when a call is received. However, I'm not sure how well this works in practice - so perhaps it should just be removed. Even if it does work, its not something I personally see the use of...
            I see, thanks for the info. I saw the name on the donation from the app didn't match the apk publisher so thought it was a third party.

I guess pausing the music would be a good "ringtone" for an important call. Put on some thresh metal, turn it up to 11 and never miss a call again

Comment

I see, thanks for the info. I saw the name on the donation from the app didn't match the apk publisher so thought it was a third party.

I guess pausing the music would be a good "ringtone" for an important call. Put on some thresh metal, turn it up to 11 and never miss a call again
              Where did you see the different name?

Comment

Where did you see the different name?

Google play:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210926-121303.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1573352

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that "core 32" was the app to search for on there. I cannot find the LMS one you showed.

Comment

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that "core 32" was the app to search for on there. I cannot find the LMS one you showed.
                  My app is only available on f-droid - as its opensource software. PolyVection took this code, renamed to 'CORE32', and uploaded to Play store. (NOTE: This is all totally fine, as the code's license allows for this). I did not put it on Google Play as I have no developer account, did not want to have to deal with reviews, etc, and I'm an opensource guy => f-droid.
                  Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd73
                    Pausing music when a call is received is big for me. I also use squeeze cntrl which has this feature as well, so I don't know which is doing the pausing all of the time (so I can't vouch that the material apk functions flawlessly).

I often have music or podcasts playing, often quite loud, when I am on my feet moving around, say cleaning, remodeling, painting, workshop, etc. When the phone rings, it's nice to not have to scramble to try to turn the music down before answering, or, answering and saying "HOLD ON A SECOND!!!"

With podcasts, you are listening to a story, so pausing on ring is very helpful. Saves your spot.

The last thing is that material/squeeze cntrl knows a few seconds before the phone is about to ring. Perhaps because my phone is vibrate first. It's nice because when the music stops, you can expect the call (put the tool down, etc)

Thought I would give an endorsement of this feature since you mentioned removing it.

Thanks again for all you do for us Craig...material is a game changer.

Jim

Comment

OK the key step was adding a new home screen shortcut. The old one didn't work
                      I can confirm that removing and re-adding the home screen shortcut was the trick for me. Clearing cache did not help. Makes me wonder what other changes are missed if I don't redo the shortcut from time to time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Miksis
                        I can confirm that removing and re-adding the home screen shortcut was the trick for me. Clearing cache did not help. Makes me wonder what other changes are missed if I don't redo the shortcut from time to time.
                        The maifest file is only (AFAIK) read by the browser when creating the shortcut. Hence if this is changed, a new shortcut is needed. General caching should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd73
                          The maifest file is only (AFAIK) read by the browser when creating the shortcut. Hence if this is changed, a new shortcut is needed. General caching should be fine.
                          I definitely deleted the old shortcut and added it new. I manually edited the manifest and restarted LMS, each time adding the shortcut to the home screen. Three times, all the same. As soon as I cleared the cache it worked.

Interestingly, I just tried Edge again now and it worked. I had launched the shortcuts just prior to editing the manifest, so perhaps the cache is quite short lived and somehow tied in to having used the shortcut.

I guess if re-adding doesn't work then clearing the cache is the best next step.

Comment

• Same Opinion Here!!

Originally posted by Redrum
                            Pausing music when a call is received is big for me. I also use squeeze cntrl which has this feature as well, so I don't know which is doing the pausing all of the time (so I can't vouch that the material apk functions flawlessly).

I often have music or podcasts playing, often quite loud, when I am on my feet moving around, say cleaning, remodeling, painting, workshop, etc. When the phone rings, it's nice to not have to scramble to try to turn the music down before answering, or, answering and saying "HOLD ON A SECOND!!!"

With podcasts, you are listening to a story, so pausing on ring is very helpful. Saves your spot.

The last thing is that material/squeeze cntrl knows a few seconds before the phone is about to ring. Perhaps because my phone is vibrate first. It's nice because when the music stops, you can expect the call (put the tool down, etc)

Thought I would give an endorsement of this feature since you mentioned removing it.

Thanks again for all you do for us Craig...material is a game changer.

Jim
                            I have same usage options as Redrum and that feature is great. Please keep feature Craig, love your work!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwibrucie
                              I have same usage options as Redrum and that feature is great. Please keep feature Craig, love your work!!
                              +1
                              //Johan

Windows 10
                              Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1666760196 @ Wed Oct 26 07:17:03 WEDT 2022
                              Local Player Plugin (Squeezelite)
                              Intel Compute Stick M3

Comment

• Back to Downloads; I am having some problems, possibly related. Trying to enable debug loggin on the server side produces no extra log output so I am probably missing something.

In normal - Chrome - web browser:

1. Selecting Download of a Playlist or any single trak in a playlist does nothing. Selecting same track from Queue or in the normal music hierarchy works
                                2. Download option not in the menu for a Playlist under Favourites

Also, under both the APK and in Squeezlite-X on Windows downloading doesn't do anything - but I think this was mentioned previously as a restriction of the frameworks used not being real browsers?

Ta!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎