No announcement yet.

Announce: Material Skin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cpd73
    Yeah, guess it was a bit premature. Its not a feature I use, and was unaware of its use by others. I guess I could re-add this and remove when 8.2 is actually released.
    Thanks Craig...I do know of others that use it, I have recommended it to a few others. I'm primarily a music guy, but podcasts are nice when doing, say bench or workshop work..

In fact, I was going to ask you if there was anything in the podcast search result metadata that could allow a "more info" about that podcast. For example, if I do a search on say "automobiles" and it yield several results, just the name and the icon, you could choose "more" to see what each search result podcast is about, maybe who the publisher is, or even a URL to the podcast home page. As it stands now, I see a result, say "that looks interesting", then go to the web and look it up...

But, it seems that is moot now...

Thanks yet again for the great skin and the thousands of support/feature posts!

Jim

Comment

• Podcast searching

I've re-added Material's podcast search (for 2.5.1), but this will eventualy be removed when LMS8.2 is released.
      Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• Originally posted by d6jg
        Which control do you consider redundant? All are relevant to me
        Redundant

vs

Relevant

Its my understanding that these are two different things. I agree it is 'relevant' to have controls to play music....however having the same control multiple times [in this case 3 times] is redundant.

Comment

• Originally posted by edwardthern
          Any idea why the redundant controls in the Favorites menu?
          These are not redudant. What you are seeing is the same menu shown if you click the three-dotted icon or anywhere on an audio item. You can disable this in "Interface" settings - toggle "Always show menu". The reason for showing the menu is that you cannot navigate into an audio item, therefore the click would be ignored. Therefore, to me, it makes more sense to at least show the menu. Now I could hide the three-dotted button in this case, but it at least gived the hint that there is a menu for this item.
          Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

These are not redudant. What you are seeing is the same menu shown if you click the three-dotted icon or anywhere on an audio item. You can disable this in "Interface" settings - toggle "Always show menu". The reason for showing the menu is that you cannot navigate into an audio item, therefore the click would be ignored. Therefore, to me, it makes more sense to at least show the menu. Now I could hide the three-dotted button in this case, but it at least gived the hint that there is a menu for this item.
            Ahhhhhhh, Great!

Thank you

Comment

Wondering, hoping to further dialog without going off into some dark 'flaming' corner.

I understand about not being able to navigate into an audio item with a 'click'. However I think you can 'play' with a click...that was my suggestion....clicking anywhere on the audio item starts play.

Sorry about being so defensive but I get flamed a lot on message boards, somehow my words come across as argumentative so people want to go there, therefore I rarely post. Either way, I completely understand your logic behind your reasoning.

Peace

Comment

• Originally posted by edwardthern
                However I think you can 'play' with a click...that was my suggestion....clicking anywhere on the audio item starts play.
                Not sure that would work too well with touch screen devices. I'd hate to accidentally start playing a track because I clicked/ touched the track instead of the menu button.

Comment

Not sure that would work too well with touch screen devices. I'd hate to accidentally start playing a track because I clicked/ touched the track instead of the menu button.
                  Okay, thank you

Comment

To favorite an item from the main podcast listing Material needs to know its URL - this is not supplied in the JSONRPC response from LMS. I'm not sure how the default skin gets this, so I will investigate more. Material can already favourite from search results, and subscribe (via the plugin) from there. But the default skin can also favourite from the subscribed list.
                    I've been away for a few days so haven't been able to keep up to date with podcast developments. This morning (Tuesday) I saw podcasts mentioned in the latest LMS nightlies and Material dev (2.51) so have just updated both. Looks like Material is now doing the same as Default Skin - i.e. able to set podcast feeds as favourite.

Thanks Craig.
                    2 x Touch
                    2 x Radio
                    2 x Boom
                    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
                    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
                    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
                    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
                    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
                    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
                    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Comment

• Originally posted by bobertuk
                      Looks like Material is now doing the same as Default Skin - i.e. able to set podcast feeds as favourite.
                      Nope. With default skin you can set a subscribed feed (as in not a search result) as a favourite, which you cannot do with Material - as the URL required to use when storing a favourite is not returned as part of the list query response.

Comment

• Announce: Material Skin

>> Looks like Material is now doing the same as Default Skin - i.e. able to
                        >> set podcast feeds as favourite.

>
                        > Nope. With default skin you can set a subscribed feed (as in -not- a
                        > search result) as a favourite, which you cannot do with Material - as
                        > the URL required to use when storing a favourite is not returned as part
                        > of the list query response.

I committed a change which should get you the URL. In my local testing I
                        was able to add shows to the favorites (not the individual episode).
                        Alas I was not able to navigate them using Material. Might be a minor
                        issue, as it seemed to work in Squeezeplay.

Please give it a try. New builds should be out shortly.
                        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Originally posted by mherger
                          I committed a change which should get you the URL. In my local testing I
                          was able to add shows to the favorites (not the individual episode).
                          Alas I was not able to navigate them using Material. Might be a minor
                          issue, as it seemed to work in Squeezeplay.

Please give it a try. New builds should be out shortly.
                          I've updated my checkout and can see "favourites_url" in the response which is great, I'll update Material to allow adding a favourite. But "favourite_type" is set to "audio" - I think this is what stops the browsing in Material. Should "favourite_type" not be "link"?

Comment

• Originally posted by mherger
                            I committed a change which should get you the URL.
                            On a related note. Is there any possibility of getting the podcast description via 'More'? This can be achieved from the search results, but not from the main podcast listing (and not in Default skin ('M' button) either).

Comment

• Announce: Material Skin

> I've updated my checkout and can see "favourites_url" in the response
                              > which is great, I'll update Material to allow adding a favourite. -But-
                              > "favourite_type" is set to "audio" - I -think- this is what stops the
                              > browsing in Material. Should "favourite_type" not be "link"?

Oh, I didn't add any of this specifically. I'll see whether I can add that.

As for the "More" items for existing podcasts (outside the search): I
                              tried to add it more than once, but somehow always struggled. I might
                              give it another try, too.
                              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                              (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Craig,

could you add a 'More' item to year (song details page/context menu). That way I could access DynamicPlaylist menu items registered for year ('Rated tracks from this year', 'Random tracks from year'...) like I can on pCP. Thank you.
                                Report a problem

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎