Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
    Also Classic, Boom, Transporter, etc..

You can't "pull" a player into mysqueezebox.com.
    I can easily re-add 'Music Source', but I'm still not convinced. If you can do this from the player, and its not something you'd want to do often, I'm not sure if it belongs in the UI. If your want your players on mysqueezebox.com, why would you be using LMS?
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

Originally posted by cpd73 View Post
      I can easily re-add 'Music Source', but I'm still not convinced. If you can do this from the player, and its not something you'd want to do often, I'm not sure if it belongs in the UI. If your want your players on mysqueezebox.com, why would you be using LMS?
      To "push" a player to mysb.com, if you can't find your player's remote?
      Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
      Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
      Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

In my extras list it is the only one that has a useful purpose otherwise I would leave extras turned off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
        Bedroom: Radio
        Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Originally posted by slartibartfast View Post
          In my extras list it is the only one that has a useful purpose otherwise I would leave extras turned off.
          +1
          Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

Fine, I'll enable this - not something I use, but does not hurt.
            Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

I wasn't asking for things missing from Extras, more missing/unimplemented features in general.
              Ah, not for me really. I think the current material is quite perfect.

The only reason I use classic is for the settings. Material is more touchscreen friendly (which is great), but some of the more complicated settings work better in classic (and you wouldn't be messing with those settings on a touch device anyways).

Comment

Originally posted by jeroen2 View Post
                Ah, not for me really. I think the current material is quite perfect.

The only reason I use classic is for the settings. Material is more touchscreen friendly (which is great), but some of the more complicated settings work better in classic (and you wouldn't be messing with those settings on a touch device anyways).
                Do you mean Classic or Default?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                Bedroom: Radio
                Bathroom: Radio

Comment

Announce: Material Skin

> I can easily re-add 'Music Source', but I'm still not convinced. If you
                  > can do this from the player, and its not something you'd want to do
                  > often, I'm not sure if it belongs in the UI. If your want your players
                  > on mysqueezebox.com, why would you be using LMS?

That's a question that has been asked a lot. Only yesterday I tried to
                  figure out how many active players we had on mysqueezebox.com. And I saw
                  more activity for players than I saw connected players... there must be
                  a number of users still switching back and forth (or disconnecting, maybe).

FWIW: there's the "disconnect" command to send a player from server A to B.

But IIRC we disabled it for Receivers, as they don't have a UI to bring
                  it back easily if the target server wasn't available.

--

Michael
                  Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                  (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Do you mean Classic or Default?
                    Pretty sure they mean "Default", as Material and Classic are the same (as Material just re-themes Classic).

Comment

I'm currently developing what I think will be v2.0 of Material, and I'm trying to ensure Material has all the features of the Default skin, so would like to know of any that are missing? For 2.0 I've added:
                      1. 'Extras' section. Disabled by default, and can be enabled in the 'Settings' dialog. Items are shown in the same manner as the settings pages; i.e. Material uses a re-themed Classic skin page embedded into an iframe.
                      2. SugarCube pages are added to 'Extras' (so adding to customactions is not required).
                      3. Added a directory chooser dialog to the 'Basic Settings' page

I noticed that 'TrackStat' and 'DynamicPlaylists' can appear under 'Extras', with some features that are not there when in Material's browse view. Currently I manually exclude these items, should I add them under 'Extras'? Have them in both places ('My Music' and 'Extras'), just 'My Music', or just 'Extras' ??

There are, of course, more changes than this for 2.0, but these are the features that are in the Default skin and were missing from Material. I'm not promising to implement all missing features, but I'd at least like to know what they are...
                      If for #3 you mean an equivalent for the Browse button, then that appears in other places e.g. Advanced> Formatting and some plug-ins e.g. Music & Artist Information. The Browse function not only prevents silly typos but it shows that directories are reachable too, so it's useful functionality.

Someone remarked that the Default skin was better for some more complex server settings and a touch screen device shouldn't be used for that task anyway, but I like Material on a web browser too and I'd like to use it for Server Settings if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mr-b View Post
                        If for #3 you mean an equivalent for the Browse button, then that appears in other places e.g. Advanced> Formatting and some plug-ins e.g. Music & Artist Information. The Browse function not only prevents silly typos but it shows that directories are reachable too, so it's useful functionality.
                        Yes, that is what I mean. I'll have a look at those other places too. Can you provide full list?

[Edit] No need for list, I should be able to find all by their class name.
                        [Edit2] I've also noticed my folder buttons dissapear when the page is changed!
                        Last edited by cpd73; 2020-10-14, 14:20.

Comment

Announce: Material Skin

>> If for #3 you mean an equivalent for the Browse button, then that
                          >> appears in other places e.g. Advanced> Formatting and some plug-ins e.g.
                          >> Music & Artist Information. The Browse function not only prevents silly
                          >> typos but it shows that directories are reachable too, so it's useful
                          >> functionality.

>
                          > Yes, that is what I mean. I'll have a look at those other places too.
                          > Can you provide full list?

The Default skin hasn't this hardcoded. But there's a script running
                          whenever a settings page is opened checking for elements with the
                          "selectFolder" class. All those items would get the browse handler.

The same applies for "selectFile", which can have additional classes
                          defining the accepted file type (to be handled in the picker code), eg.
                          "selectFile selectFile_png selectFile_jpg selectFile_jpeg".

You can use the "readdirectory" command to browse the filesystem.

--

Michael
                          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                          (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Originally posted by mr-b View Post

Someone remarked that the Default skin was better for some more complex server settings and a touch screen device shouldn't be used for that task anyway, but I like Material on a web browser too and I'd like to use it for Server Settings if at all possible.
                            I could be wrong, but I don't see any way of using any of the "Default" pages pictured below on Material? Mainly aimed at the older hardware players with VDU screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boom1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1570069

Name:	Boom2.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1570070

Name:	Boom3.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1570071

Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Comment

Originally posted by kidstypike View Post
                              I could be wrong, but I don't see any way of using any of the "Default" pages pictured below on Material? Mainly aimed at the older hardware players with VDU screen.
                              These are all settings pages, so should be there already. Do they appeat in the "Classic" (not "Default") skin? If not, then the issue is there - if yes, then its a Material issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
                                >> If for #3 you mean an equivalent for the Browse button, then that
                                >> appears in other places e.g. Advanced> Formatting and some plug-ins e.g.
                                >> Music & Artist Information. The Browse function not only prevents silly
                                >> typos but it shows that directories are reachable too, so it's useful
                                >> functionality.

>
                                > Yes, that is what I mean. I'll have a look at those other places too.
                                > Can you provide full list?

The Default skin hasn't this hardcoded. But there's a script running
                                whenever a settings page is opened checking for elements with the
                                "selectFolder" class. All those items would get the browse handler.
                                Yeah, I've updated the code to check for the 'selectFolder' class.

I've added a callback for when "choose_setting" changes. This appears to be called eary, so I had to add a 1/4 second delay before looking for 'selectFolder' items - not nice

The same applies for "selectFile", which can have additional classes
                                defining the accepted file type (to be handled in the picker code), eg.
                                "selectFile selectFile_png selectFile_jpg selectFile_jpeg".
                                Ah! Must admit I'm only doing directories so far, I'll see about a file selector.

You can use the "readdirectory" command to browse the filesystem.
                                I am aleady

Comment

Working...
                                X