Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announce: Material Skin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I open the album Right For Me from The Teskey Brothers using Qobuz I'm getting more "tracks" then on the album. Looks to me there's something going wrong with parsing? See picture below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 17.52.41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1566612

Comment

• Announce: Material Skin

> When I open the album Right For Me from The Teskey Brothers using Qobuz
      > I'm getting more "tracks" then on the album. Looks to me there's
      > something going wrong with parsing? See picture below:

As I said in the other thread these are only two tracks. The other items
      aren't tracks, but additional menu items.

--

Michael
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Originally posted by bodiug
        When I open the album Right For Me from The Teskey Brothers using Qobuz I'm getting more "tracks" then on the album. Looks to me there's something going wrong with parsing?
        I'd need to see the LMS response to the album listing request. Please do the following:
        1. Start LMS in a desktop browser using "http://SERVER:9000/material/desktop?debug=json" (replace SERVER with your LMS's hostname, or IP address)
        2. Open your browser's developer tools
        3. In the developer tools, go to the 'Console' tab
        4. Using Material navigate to the list where the album is shown, but do not click on the album just yet
        5. In your browser's console tab, click the clear icon (might look like a trash can). This is to remove the logging of the current messages (as not interested in those)
        6. Now click on the ablum, to show the list in your image
        7. The console tab should now show the request for the track list, and LMS's response. Please respond to this threead with those.
        Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd73
          Nope, I did not. However, I can confirm. This is ONLY if the stop button is enabled. Thanks for reporting, will fix.

[Edit] Should be fixed now, can you update and check. Thanks.
          Fixed... Thanks Craig
          2 x Touch
          2 x Radio
          2 x Boom
          1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
          1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
          1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
          WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
          Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
          Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
          Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Comment

• Originally posted by mherger
            > When I open the album Right For Me from The Teskey Brothers using Qobuz
            > I'm getting more "tracks" then on the album. Looks to me there's
            > something going wrong with parsing? See picture below:

As I said in the other thread these are only two tracks. The other items
            aren't tracks, but additional menu items.
            Hmmm... But why are they shown? Is this not a local album listing? Is it from Spotty? Is there anyway for Material to know which ones are tracks, and which are not? Because, in the case of this list, I don't think a grid should be used, and the non-track items should not have a cover.
            Last edited by cpd73; 2019-07-05, 08:17.
            Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Comment

• Announce: Material Skin

> Hmmm... But whay are they shown? Is this *not* a local album listing? Is
              > it from Spotty?

It's from Qobuz.

> Is there anyway for Material to know which ones are
              > tracks, and which are not? Becasue, in the case of this list, I don't
              > thnink a grid should be used, and th enon-track items should not have a
              > cover.

I wouldn't waste my time with a corner case like this. It's the plugin
              dev's decision to add the icons. Users shall complain with him :-D.

--

Michael
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
              (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

It's from Qobuz.
                Yeah, I really need to pay more attention - as it clearly states Qobuz! Guess its a little bit early for me... :-)

Originally posted by mherger
                I seem to recall that Spotty also does something similar - where menu options are listed after tracks. (In the history?) Would be great if these could be distinguished somehow. Not an issue for me personally, as I don't use any streaming service.

Comment

Actually, the covers on the other items might be a Material issue. When parsing the response, if using a grid and some items have images and others not, I set the image for the others to the parent image (in this case the album cover). Perhaps I should remove that? And instead if there are a mix of image and no-image items, then force a list?

Comment

• I'm using the Music and Information Plugin with the Material Skin. I've been updating my artist pics and to get them to reload in the native skin I just delete the imageproxy and delete the cache from Chrome. However this doesn't seem work with the Material Skin and the artist pics aren't updated. What am I missing?

CW
                    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
                    Server: 8.1.0 for PCP
                    Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat
                    Remote: iPhone8/iPad Air running iPeng
                    Music: Last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunkywizard
                      I'm using the Music and Information Plugin with the Material Skin. I've been updating my artist pics and to get them to reload in the native skin I just delete the imageproxy and delete the cache from Chrome. However this doesn't seem work with the Material Skin and the artist pics aren't updated. What am I missing?
                      Material itself does not cache any images, the caching is handled by the browser. So, any image caching issues will be browser related, or perhaps LMs image resizer is storing old copies?

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd73
                        Material itself does not cache any images, the caching is handled by the browser. So, any image caching issues will be browser related, or perhaps LMs image resizer is storing old copies?
                        Thanks for the reply. Like I said, I clear the browser cache and this works fine in the native skin. Any idea how I can clear the LMS image resizer?

CW
                        Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Living Room), Radio x4 (Kids, Play Room and Bedroom), PiCorePlayer (Office)
                        Plugins: Spotty | Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music and Artist Information | TrackStat

Comment

• Another this I can't figure out is how to get my rating displayed correctly. All my ratings are stored in Trackstat and show in the native skin but don't appear in Material (I just get hollow stars which fill when rolled over)

Any one know what I'm doing wrong?

CW

[Edit] More info. If I set a rating in Material then I can see it in the Native skin, but no ratings set in the native browser can be seen in Material - weird! Trackstat in the native browser shows I have no tracks unrated but the only track I can set ratings on in Material was the one album I just rated.
                          Last edited by Chunkywizard; 2019-07-05, 17:46. Reason: more info

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunkywizard
                            If I set a rating in Material then I can see it in the Native skin, but no ratings set in the native browser can be seen in Material - weird! Trackstat in the native browser shows I have no tracks unrated but the only track I can set ratings on in Material was the one album I just rated.
                            Sorry, no idea why its not working for you. Must admit I do not personally use ratings - never seen then need, especially not with a multi-user system. Anyhow, I do have TrackStat installed on my test system. I have tried; a) rating a track with Material, and rating is shown in default web UI; b) rating in default webUI, and rating is shown in Material. You need to refresh the track listing (ie. by navigating back out and back into the track list) to see changes - as, AFAIK, there is no notification that a rating has been set/changed. Also, Material shows 1/2 stars, default web UI always full stars - so 5 stars in default webUI is 2.5 stars in Material.

Comment

• Menu Item "Extra"

Originally posted by cpd73
                              Used LMS for about a year and half now (don’t actually have any squeezeboxes – just a picorePlayer and an Airplay speaker), so thought I’d contribute.

For the past few weeks I’ve been working on a Material style skin for LMS. Screenshots and installation instructions can be found at https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material The skin has the following features;
                              • Browsing local music, apps, and favourites
                              • Music and artist information – accessible via context menu on cover of current track in ‘now playing’ screen. (This might not be the best way to access this, so I’m trying to think of a nicer way without adding to much noise to the screen)
                              • Drag and drop editing of play queue (i.e. the current playlist)
                              • Basic player settings; replay gain, don’t stop the music, and alarms
                              • Light and dark themes

This is not 100% finished – I’d like to add management of group players (create group, delete, etc), but this means modifying the Group Players plugin as well, so will take a little while. It also has the following know issues:
                              • For search items in the browse view, the search underline goes over bottom nav if scrolled. This looks like an issue with the Javascript library I’m using
                              • Drag and drop does not work on iOS or Android Firefox. I use a javascript library to enable HTML5 drag’n’drop on mobile browsers, and this seems to not work on iOS. Firefox is not a priority (even though its my main Android browser), due to the fact that WebApp’s work better with Chrome (which is all I use Chrome for)
                              • Queue not always drawn completely with iOS, dragging up/down causes items to be shown.
                              • The list of items in the browse page is fetched 100 items at a time, and the next 100 should be loaded when the view is scrolled to the end. However, I have noticed where this has not happened. But whenever I add debug to see what’s happening, it never occurs!
                              • The Plugins page on LMS always seems to show that there is an update available for the plugin. Anyone got any idea what’s wrong here?

I don't use streaming services such as Spotify, so I have no idea how well it works with these. But (AFAIK) these are all just apps, so they should work...

Let me know what you think :-) ...any help with the known issues would be appreciated.
                              Dear CPD73,
                              first of all a million thanks for writing this alternative skin.
                              I have been using it on my cell phone for the last few months and I am close to switching my Desktop Computers to this - I am very impressed about your HTML coding...
                              For myself there is only one tiny bit missing - Exposing the "Extra" Menu of LMS (e.g. under the menu item "other Music")- I am missing this menu for some plugins, such as Server Powercontrol, or Switchplayer.
                              The original skin has some additional menu items of plugins, I have included a screenshot. Adding this menu item would make the skin perfect for me...

Thanks a lot for considering this proposal :-)
                              Frank

P.S.: I realize that your skin works a lot better with dragging and dropping song titles in the playlist than the original skin - congrats for this responsiveness!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	SB_Extra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1566620

Comment

• Originally posted by frankd
                                Dear CPD73,
                                first of all a million thanks for writing this alternative skin.
                                I have been using it on my cell phone for the last few months and I am close to switching my Desktop Computers to this - I am very impressed about your HTML coding...
                                For myself there is only one tiny bit missing - Exposing the "Extra" Menu of LMS (e.g. under the menu item "other Music")- I am missing this menu for some plugins, such as Server Powercontrol, or Switchplayer.
                                The original skin has some additional menu items of plugins, I have included a screenshot. Adding this menu item would make the skin perfect for me...
                                You can use "Music Walk With Me" (which appears under apps) to move the queue between players. Alarms and "Don't stop the music" are in player settings. As to the others, not sure they really belong there...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎