No announcement yet.

ANNOUNCE: Group Players

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to further add to the above..

The 0.50 dev version does appear to ignore a player that is playing when pausing and un pausing the group which solves one problem.

The main reason I like to keep the group sync'd even when paused is because I will pause a player locally that is in the group or the group player directly and the group is broken up. Not so bad if pausing using the group player. However if I pause the player in the living room for a minute for a reason, maybe a phone call. When I press resume/play, the player plays the local playlist as the group has been broken up. Thats the main reason I wanted the group to stay together even when paused. With the current setup if any player is paused for more than say 20 seconds the group is broken up and only way to get them playing as a group is to open iPeng and hit play on the group player.

Hope above makes sense. I just want the group to stay together when paused. So when I pause the Living Room Touch to take a 2 min phone call the group stays together because the current setup when I hit play/resume on the Living Room Touch it plays the local playlist as the group is broken up.

Cheers!!!

Comment

But today, when you pause a player member of a group, not the group, the group stays assembled, for 30!mins, this is the only case where I bended the rules, exactly for the reason you describe (momentary pause to take a call).

But generalizing that when pausing from the main and keeping it forever is bad because I cannot regroup permanent LMS group that people want to have. At best I can let you decide the timer for breaking up the group when paused, but you should already have 30 mins
      LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

Originally posted by philippe_44
        But today, when you pause a player member of a group, not the group, the group stays assembled, for 30!mins, this is the only case where I bended the rules, exactly for the reason you describe (momentary pause to take a call).

But generalizing that when pausing from the main and keeping it forever is bad because I cannot regroup permanent LMS group that people want to have. At best I can let you decide the timer for breaking up the group when paused, but you should already have 30 mins
        Ah, mine isn't behaving like that. I think mine is playing up as I can't even add anymore players, some sort of SQL error shows up in the log. I may remove it and reinstall..

If you allow a timer for them to remain together then maybe an infinity option? Than that gives the option to not break the group up when paused from a local player forever.

And while your still adding options I would still like a local player to rejoin group when powered off when its left the group - hehe.

Then I'll be quiet, I promise hehe

Cheers
        Last edited by Simon_rb; 2018-02-21, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_rb
          Ah, mine isn't behaving like that. I think mine is playing up as I can't even add anymore players, some sort of SQL error shows up in the log. I may remove it and reinstall..

If you allow a timer for them to remain together then maybe an infinity option? Than that gives the option to not break the group up when paused from a local player forever.

And while your still adding options I would still like a local player to rejoin group when powered off when its left the group - hehe.

Then I'll be quiet, I promise hehe

Cheers
          I'll re-check later today, but I'm doing that from time to time: pausing from one of the members and resuming from there as well. I can add the timer as a visible option, although I hate to add too many options, so it will be only one global one (for all players). About rejoining after stop, that is much more complicated and I can't do that. When a player has left, I dont receive any more notifications of what's happening to it. Remember that when players are synced, there is a common place that receives all the pause/stop events for all members, but as soon as it has left, well it's gone. I would need to subscribe to *all* power events and do a extra amount of filtering. Too much work for now.
          LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

No worries to the rejoining when powering off if it’s loads of work to add it. I’m defo gonna have to remove groups and reinstall it.

I agree with the adding lots of options isn’t ideal.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Simon_rb
              No worries to the rejoining when powering off if it’s loads of work to add it. I’m defo gonna have to remove groups and reinstall it.

I agree with the adding lots of options isn’t ideal.

Cheers
              oops ... you were right, the pause did not work, the player was just muted. I never realized that. It should be fine in version 0.50.1

Comment

oops ... you were right, the pause did not work, the player was just muted. I never realized that. It should be fine in version 0.50.1
                Its not often that I am right, my wife will tell you that!

Pausing a local player now keeps them together, thank you.

Comment

Just catching up on this one, what an awesome plug in thank you.

One question that would really make it work perfectly for me, does anyone know of a way (or another plug in) that could turn off the other groups when I switch on a new one.

Comment

I'm not able to install the plugin.

[18-03-02 17:08:35.8753] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::install (159) install - downloading Groups from http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...oups-0.5.1.zip
                    [18-03-02 17:08:37.6125] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::_downloadDone (176) downloaded Groups to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/DownloadedPlugins/Groups.zip
                    [18-03-02 17:08:37.6131] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::_downloadDone (194) digest does not match /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/DownloadedPlugins/Groups.zip - Groups will not be installed
                    any ideas are appreciated.
                    CentOS8 (x86_64-linux), SqueezebosServer 8.2.1 - usually the latest nightly build
                    1x Squeezebox Touch
                    3x Squeezebox Radio
                    1x Squeezebox Boom

Comment

ANNOUNCE: Group Players

>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...oups-0.5.1.zip

Sourceforge has been struggling for weeks now. They're on and off all
                      the time...

--

Michael
                      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Download is working, but the file seems corrupt.
                        When I download it directly on the linux server and try to unpack I get the following error:
                        End-of-central-directory signature not found.
                        Is there a way to install the plugin manually. I downloaded the file from a windows machine and this file seems not corrupt. When I copy this file to the linux, I'm able to unpack it without any error.

But I not figured out how to install the plugin manually.
                        CentOS8 (x86_64-linux), SqueezebosServer 8.2.1 - usually the latest nightly build
                        1x Squeezebox Touch
                        3x Squeezebox Radio
                        1x Squeezebox Boom

Comment

Originally posted by pilot000
                          Download is working, but the file seems corrupt.
                          When I download it directly on the linux server and try to unpack I get the following error:

Is there a way to install the plugin manually. I downloaded the file from a windows machine and this file seems not corrupt. When I copy this file to the linux, I'm able to unpack it without any error.

But I not figured out how to install the plugin manually.
                          You can unzip the whole thing in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/Plugins/Groups

Comment

Hi Philippe, thanks for a brilliant plug in. It's solved all sorts of annoyances I had in my system (like a central Joggler can now control the everyday 'inside' players all at once). I can also set a lower bit rate for everything playing compared to when just individual players are on - awesome!

However, there is one scenario I'm still struggling with. I have some outdoor speakers which I'm forever turning on/off for when i'm working outside and come back in etc (so as not to annoy the neighbors too much). I'd love to be able to add this into a sync group, so it's easy to turn on when needed, but have it start as powered off by default.

I tried hacking your plugin around to add a 'power on/off' setting for individual players, but quickly realised that's over kill for my one player. So then I tried to isolate the individual player at the point it turns on and manually override it to leave it powered off... but I couldn't get it to work (using MAC address lookups kept controlling the wrong player for some reason, i assume it's due to the way the data loops but i couldn't work it out!).

I also tried to add a simple line of code at the end of the power-on function to manually send a power off to that one outside speaker (so it starts then stops instantly), but I couldn't get that to work either.

Any pointers on what code I could easily add to the script to let this one player join the group, but have it start in a powered off state while everything else powers on?

Any advice appreciated as I'm now out of ideas.

Pernod.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kiwi
                              Hi Philippe, thanks for a brilliant plug in. It's solved all sorts of annoyances I had in my system (like a central Joggler can now control the everyday 'inside' players all at once). I can also set a lower bit rate for everything playing compared to when just individual players are on - awesome!

However, there is one scenario I'm still struggling with. I have some outdoor speakers which I'm forever turning on/off for when i'm working outside and come back in etc (so as not to annoy the neighbors too much). I'd love to be able to add this into a sync group, so it's easy to turn on when needed, but have it start as powered off by default.

I tried hacking your plugin around to add a 'power on/off' setting for individual players, but quickly realised that's over kill for my one player. So then I tried to isolate the individual player at the point it turns on and manually override it to leave it powered off... but I couldn't get it to work (using MAC address lookups kept controlling the wrong player for some reason, i assume it's due to the way the data loops but i couldn't work it out!).

I also tried to add a simple line of code at the end of the power-on function to manually send a power off to that one outside speaker (so it starts then stops instantly), but I couldn't get that to work either.

Any pointers on what code I could easily add to the script to let this one player join the group, but have it start in a powered off state while everything else powers on?

Any advice appreciated as I'm now out of ideas.

Pernod.
                              Wouldn't the option "Power on Play" solve the problem for you. If you disable it, your outdoor speaker will not be powered on when you start playing, and when you stop a playback "session" where they were on, you could simply manually power them off; no? Am i missing something?

Comment

Wouldn't the option "Power on Play" solve the problem for you. If you disable it, your outdoor speaker will not be powered on when you start playing, and when you stop a playback "session" where they were on, you could simply manually power them off; no? Am i missing something?
                                I want to have it so everything in the group power on except the outside player, which joins the group but stays powered off.

It's simply so I can add outside to the sync'd players easily when I go outside by just powering it on (rather than having to have a whole other group set up with different playlist etc). I'm actually using an amazon dash button to trigger the power on/off for that one device.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎