No announcement yet.

[Announce] Squeezelite-X

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rgdawson
    New version uploaded to store and OneDrive location. Allow a day or to for the Store to publish.

Change:
    • Prevent selected player changing in browser after changing certain squeezelite player settings, such as Output Device.

R Greg Dawson

Thanks Greg.
    And yes, you understood me correctly.
    It happens every time.
    I am using Material Skin.
    The Media Server is version 8.3.0 - 1643414649 and running in a TrueNAS 8.0 Jail. The Jail itself is slightly older than the TrueNAS VM hosting it - the Jail is running FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p12
    I've seen that you've provided an update. I'll wait for my player to receive it and then I'll test again.

Simon

Comment

New version uploaded to store and OneDrive location. Allow a day or to for the Store to publish.

Change:
      • Prevent selected player changing in browser after changing certain squeezelite player settings, such as Output Device.

R Greg Dawson

Hmmm.. I'm on 2.11.9. Is there a .10 and .11 ?
      Just wondering if something has stopped the updates from working at my end....

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by bondsc
        Hmmm.. I'm on 2.11.9. Is there a .10 and .11 ?
        Just wondering if something has stopped the updates from working at my end....

Simon
        Scratch that. My other Squeezelite-X install is at 2.11.11 so the update issue is at my end.

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by bondsc
          Thanks Greg.
          And yes, you understood me correctly.
          It happens every time.
          I am using Material Skin.
          The Media Server is version 8.3.0 - 1643414649 and running in a TrueNAS 8.0 Jail. The Jail itself is slightly older than the TrueNAS VM hosting it - the Jail is running FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p12
          I've seen that you've provided an update. I'll wait for my player to receive it and then I'll test again.

Simon
          Thanks, and please let me know if the issue is fixed (or not).
          Squeezelite-X

Comment

Thanks, and please let me know if the issue is fixed (or not).
            Thanks. Sorry it took a while to respond. Had a long power cut and it took out my switch, so I've been dealing with other problems.
            Yes the problem appears to be fixed. I've tried changing settings about 10 times and every time Squeezelite-X remained on the same player when I saved settings.

I will continue to monitor this over the next week by randomly changing settings when I don't need to

Thanks very much,

Simon

Comment

• I have both LMS & squeezelite X running on the same PC.

When the PC is rebooted, squeezelite X starts before LMS, which creates issues with the wrong speaker output being selected.

How can I delay the squeezelite start to allow LMS to initialise first?
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by castalla
                I have both LMS & squeezelite X running on the same PC.

When the PC is rebooted, squeezelite X starts before LMS, which creates issues with the wrong speaker output being selected.

How can I delay the squeezelite start to allow LMS to initialise first?
                Hmmm... I've never run this configuration, so I'm not sure all the potential issues. The first would be that SLX fails to connect to the server because it is not there yet. Checking "Wake Server" (in SLX settings) will trick SLX into a wait/retry loop until the server appears, so you could try that.

R Greg Dawson
                Squeezelite-X

Comment

• hardware player

Is it possible to use squeezelite-x as a remote for hardware players? To control a Transporter or Touch, rather than local playback from computer. Then I can use squeezelite-x for all playback insted of switching to another software to control my other players.

Comment

• Originally posted by janghell
                    Is it possible to use squeezelite-x as a remote for hardware players? To control a Transporter or Touch, rather than local playback from computer. Then I can use squeezelite-x for all playback insted of switching to another software to control my other players.
                    Definitely, that's how I use it. I don't use squeezelite player on my PC.
                    Server - LMS 8.4.0 RPi4B 4GB/NanoSound ONE case/pCP 8.1.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on Sata SSD (ntfs)

Lounge - DAC32 - AudioEngine B2
                    Office - RPi 3B+/HiFiBerry DAC HAT/RPi screen - Edifier D12
                    Bedroom - Echo Show 8

Spares - 1xSB Touch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Hmmm... I've never run this configuration, so I'm not sure all the potential issues. The first would be that SLX fails to connect to the server because it is not there yet. Checking "Wake Server" (in SLX settings) will trick SLX into a wait/retry loop until the server appears, so you could try that.

R Greg Dawson
                      Ha! I came to ask how I could delay the starting of SLX via Task Scheduler on Windows. It always ran before LMS was fully launched and I couldn't seem to get scheduler to work with it.

The Wake Server trick worked perfectly though. Thanks

Comment

Not yet. I intend to try it out on Sunday when I have some time. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

R Greg Dawson
                        Hey, Greg. I don't know if you got around to trying out the Denon plugin yet but, if not, you might want to hold off until the next release, which should be published later this week. This is especially true if you are running LMS on Windows, which I'm guessing you might be, as the problem only occurs with Windows. In any case, the upcoming release will contain the fix.

Best regards.
                        Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by SamY
                          Hey, Greg. I don't know if you got around to trying out the Denon plugin yet but, if not, you might want to hold off until the next release, which should be published later this week. This is especially true if you are running LMS on Windows, which I'm guessing you might be, as the problem only occurs with Windows. In any case, the upcoming release will contain the fix.

Best regards.
                          Yes, I have multiple servers including Windows and I saw the issue discussed on the forum a few days ago. Thanks for the warning.

R Greg Dawson
                          Squeezelite-X

Comment

• Originally posted by yocky
                            Ha! I came to ask how I could delay the starting of SLX via Task Scheduler on Windows. It always ran before LMS was fully launched and I couldn't seem to get scheduler to work with it.

The Wake Server trick worked perfectly though. Thanks
                            Thanks for letting us know. Perhaps I should add this tip to the help for those that run LMS this way.

R Greg Dawson
                            Squeezelite-X

Comment

Yes, I have multiple servers including Windows and I saw the issue discussed on the forum a few days ago. Thanks for the warning.

R Greg Dawson
                              Just a heads up, Greg. The Windows problem is fixed in v4.6.2 of the plugin, which is now available in the LMS repository.
                              Sam

Comment

• Delete player

Hi

How does one delete a player and multiroom player? I couldn't see a way using "Manage Players" or using Ctrl-Shift D.
                                I've got into a bit of a mess where one of my players does the old "counts up to 2sec then resets to 0sec again" and I suspect my multiroom config. I tried disabling the suspect player but it makes no difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎