Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANNOUNCE: AirPlay Bridge = integrate AirPlay devices with LMS (squeeze2raop)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveShort
    I've been using AirPlay Bridge for a few years without any issues.

A few weeks ago I installed ShairTunes but when I tried to use one of my AirPlay Bridge devices yesterday I realised that they've all disappeared.

I'm running LMS 8.3.1 on macOS 11.6.

As this has only started happening since installing ShairTunes, I've uninstalled it.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing AirPlay Bridge a few times but the problem remains.

The LMS Plugins page shows that v1.3.3 is installed but the log shows v1.3.1 and that it keeps crashing every 90 seconds:

Restarting Squeeze2raop after crash: /Users/stephenshort/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge/Bin/squeeze2raop-macos -Z -I -f /Users/stephenshort/Library/Logs/Squeezebox/raopbridge.log -d raop=debug -x /Users/stephenshort/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/raopbridge.xml
    [12:24:06.025315] main:1533 Starting squeeze2raop version: v1.3.1 (Aug 9 2023 @ 21:21:23)

WARNING: /Users/stephenshort/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge/Bin/squeeze2raop-macos is loading libcrypto in an unsafe way

Restarting Squeeze2raop after crash: /Users/stephenshort/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge/Bin/squeeze2raop-macos -Z -I -f /Users/stephenshort/Library/Logs/Squeezebox/raopbridge.log -d raop=debug -x /Users/stephenshort/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/raopbridge.xml
    [12:24:36.028706] main:1533 Starting squeeze2raop version: v1.3.1 (Aug 9 2023 @ 21:21:23)

WARNING: /Users/stephenshort/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge/Bin/squeeze2raop-macos is loading libcrypto in an unsafe way

[12:25:06.034332] main:1533 Starting squeeze2raop version: v1.3.1 (Aug 9 2023 @ 21:21:23)

WARNING: /Users/stephenshort/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge/Bin/squeeze2raop-macos is loading libcrypto in an unsafe way​

I can live without ShairTunes but I'd like to get AirPlay Bridge working again. Any suggestions?

Steve
    Use the -static version. It seems that now the crypto library is not accessible any more. It's a known version on macos, see comments here https://github.com/philippe44/AirConnect#installing for some of my other apps.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• Selected the static binary and all my AirPlay devices are back!
      Thank you Philippe.

Comment

• Originally posted by philippe_44

You might be able to make that work by specifying the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to a directory that contains the shared lib missing, for example
        Code:
        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local ./squeeze2raop-solaris-x86_64
        I'm familiar with using LD_LIBRARY_PATH in this way, but I am fairly certain the Sol11 library will not be useable on OmniOS, given that it will be linked to other internal Solaris 11 components. I can pull them all out of a Solaris VM, but given the system drift away from Solaris over the last years...low-effort test, though.

If you want to rebuild yourself and you're not a developer, it will be challenging. There are a lot of libraries to either rebuild or to install as the dev version in your system. Still, the make/cmake files that I provide should allow to rebuild everything, even under OmniOS
        All the dev tools and libraries are already installed, as I run the high performance SSH patches and several bits of OSS that are not available for OmniOS in packaged form. I'm just not familiar with using make/cmake to generate configuration scripts, so that's my sticking point. Happy to go and dig in to learn if you have a good reference. Internet search results for good info on this are a giant pile of mostly chaff to sift through.

TIA--
        -V-

Comment

• Originally posted by velociraptor
          I'm familiar with using LD_LIBRARY_PATH in this way, but I am fairly certain the Sol11 library will not be useable on OmniOS, given that it will be linked to other internal Solaris 11 components. I can pull them all out of a Solaris VM, but given the system drift away from Solaris over the last years...low-effort test, though.

All the dev tools and libraries are already installed, as I run the high performance SSH patches and several bits of OSS that are not available for OmniOS in packaged form. I'm just not familiar with using make/cmake to generate configuration scripts, so that's my sticking point. Happy to go and dig in to learn if you have a good reference. Internet search results for good info on this are a giant pile of mostly chaff to sift through.

TIA--
          -V-
          You said that on OmniOS it's all GNU, right? If it is, then the makefiles should be a proper base. You have look at my cross-compiling repository and pull the whole lms-raop recursively.
          Code:
          SRC = squeeze2raop
          SQUEEZELITE = squeezelite
          TOOLS = crosstools/src
          MDNS = libmdns/targets
          PUPNP = libpupnp/targets/$(HOST)/$(PLATFORM)
          CODECS = libcodecs/targets
          OPENSSL = libopenssl/targets/$(HOST)/$(PLATFORM)
          RAOP = libraop/targets
          JANSSON = libjansson/targets/$(HOST)/$(PLATFORM)
          FETCHER = http-fetcher​
          You need all the above and maybe upnp & openssl are already system-available but it will be a pain to use these instead of recompiling mine. I suggest start easy with MDNS and try to rebuild it. Look at the build.sh script in ./libmdns and in "alias" array, set the real name of your compiler for x86_64-solaris-gnu-gcc (it's probably just "gcc" . Then see what the script does.
          Last edited by philippe_44; 2023-09-19, 08:09.
          LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎