No announcement yet.

DS-207.128 and SlimServer 6.5.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-207.128 and SlimServer 6.5.1

As someone allready wrote here Synology will soon be out with the new DS-207.128 which is as I understand a 128MB version of the DS-207.

If someone got SlimServer 6.3.1 or maybe even 6.5.1 to work on the DS-207 is it safe to assume that it will also work on the DK-207.128?

99% safe

The 500MHz versions differ greatly from standard, but the extra RAM versions don't. I don't recall there were any problems with the Swiss-special DS-106x with 128MB RAM last year.

But there's always that last 1%...
    SB3-->Meridian G68-->NuForce Ref8.200W-->Bc Acoustique ACT A3

Comment

Just got my Squeezebox today! Great toy.

As I see that SqueezeNetwork will be expanding I guess that my SlimServer will be more and more "just" used for serving MP3s so I guess that I will take the chance since I can disable many plugins or at least the ones that double functionality with SqueezeNetwork.

So in a months time I will be reporting back with me DS-207.128 I hope!

Comment

As I understand it, it's best to not just disable plugins but actually remove them to get the positive effect. Is that correct?

Comment

Im not sure about the SqueezeServer plugins but I seem to remember that you can also disable unused Disk Station modules to free up ressources.

Comment

Yesterday I placed an online order for a brand-new DS-207.128 and the supplier has on it's website that it will be sent out on May 1st. When I receive the machine I will try to install Slimserver 6.5.1 immediately. And I will keep you informed on how things are working out!

Comment

Originally posted by avkooi
              Yesterday I placed an online order for a brand-new DS-207.128 and the supplier has on it's website that it will be sent out on May 1st. When I receive the machine I will try to install Slimserver 6.5.1 immediately. And I will keep you informed on how things are working out!
              Sounds great! Where in the world are you? My supplier seens to only have the thing by the 19th of May for sending out but I guess that might be related as well to periodic ordering.

Comment

I'm living in the Netherlands. I ordered the DS from this website: www.mobile-harddisk.nl. I hope they can keep their promises, concerning the shipping date...

Comment

I'm living in the Netherlands. I ordered the DS from this website: www.mobile-harddisk.nl. I hope they can keep their promises, concerning the shipping date...
                  That looks like you will have it by 2nd of May

Wonder if the ship to Denmark from NL. My supplier says 19th of May.

What disks did you buy with the box?

Comment

Already bought an Western Digital WD5000AAKS for only € 117,-. Maybe I'll buy another one for a raid array.

Comment

Already bought an Western Digital WD5000AAKS for only € 117,-. Maybe I'll buy another one for a raid array.
                      Sounds about right. I will cost me 118-119 here in Denmark (with shipping)

Let me know when you get things up and running with the disk, SS etc!

Comment

got a DS107+, 500 mhz

what kind of slimserver installation can I run?

Comment

Originally posted by rwe444
                          what kind of slimserver installation can I run?
                          Well, it seems like you will be a guinea-pig...

I don't know of anyone having installed SlimServer on a DS107+ yet, we just have to hope for that it's similar enough to an "ordinary" DS for SSODS to run, or that flipflip can make SSODS compatible.

SSODS is on http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods but first (try to) contact flipflip so he can get some info from you and tell you if it's any idea trying, or if SSODS has to be change first ( http://www.synology.com/enu/support/...e.php?q_id=349 ).

Comment

Finally I received the DS207.128 yesterday. I tried to install Slimserver on it with the latest version of SSODS. But I have a problem...
                            After applying the firmware patch, there should be a new tab "SSODS" in the networking menu. And that didn't happen on my DS :-( I must confess that I didn't invest a lot of time investigating this problem, but maybe somebody on this forum knows what the fix is.

Comment

Thanks to a tip I received from soulboy, I can now use Slimserver on my DS207.128. The problem was that I didn't have a "public" folder on the disk. Without that folder, SSODS doesn't install correctly and as a result, the tab "SSODS" is not visible.
                              Right now, I am copying my music files to the DS. That should take a while, the library is almost 250 Gb big...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎