Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duet Replacement for Dummies: Rpi 3B

Hello
    Looks like my SB Duet has finally bit the dust after a series of brown outs. I have ordered a replacement power supply, but not hopeful.
    I use my duet to supply music to two AV Receivers, one for inside the home and one for outside patio (long story). I use the digital coax out for the inside AVR and the standard analog RCA cable outs for the outside AVR (sound quality not a factor). I can play the same music to both AVRs.
    I think I will need to replicate this with a RPi. I have a spare RPi 3 Model B laying about and a case for it.
    Can someone guide me to what I need to purchase in terms of a ?DAC? or other hardware in order to reproduce the same functionality as the Duet? (output to two AVRs at once + use standard RCA cables + coax digital).
    I want the cheapest possible device to make this happen.
    Also, would greatly appreciate it if someone can point me to most up to date recs for actually installing the OS on the RPi
    I still have two touches that are working and would love to keep the sync option working.
    Thanks in advance!

Here are instructions:

HiFiBerry add-on board:

I don't know if both digital (via add-on board) and analog (via native 3.5mm jack) out can be enabled at the same time.

Alternatively, you might find an external USB audio interface that has analog and digital out such as the Behringer UCA202 (sorry, optical only):
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2022-11-06, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Apesbrain View Post
      Here are instructions:

HiFiBerry add-on board:

I don't know if both digital (via add-on board) and analog (via native 3.5mm jack) out can be enabled at the same time.

Alternatively, you might find an external USB audio interface that has analog and digital out such as the Behringer UCA202 (sorry, optical only):
      https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-U-C...dp/B000KW2YEI/
      Thanks so much! The external USB thingy sounds intriguing, and only $10! I can swap out the Coax for optical with no issues.

Comment

Working...
      X