Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to integrate a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 amp?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best way to integrate a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 amp?

    I'm eyeing this beauty and wondering what the best way to integrate it into my LMS setup.



    Any suggestions?

    #2
    Originally posted by starwalt View Post
    I'm eyeing this beauty and wondering what the best way to integrate it into my LMS setup.



    Any suggestions?
    May work as a player using the chromecast, airplay and/or the upnp bridge Plugins... Ymmv
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by castalla View Post
      May work as a player using the chromecast, airplay and/or the upnp bridge Plugins... Ymmv
      Thanks! I'm currently struggling with AirPlay bridge reliability, but should be getting some help there soon. It was a killer plugin until I accidentally changed a setting on it without shutting it down first. Now I can't get it working reliably even with a full LMS reinstall.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by starwalt View Post
        Thanks! I'm currently struggling with AirPlay bridge reliability, but should be getting some help there soon. It was a killer plugin until I accidentally changed a setting on it without shutting it down first. Now I can't get it working reliably even with a full LMS reinstall.
        Have you deleted the existing config file? Then uninstall the plugin and reinstall?
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Comment


          #5
          Looking at the specs I’d expect the Chromecast bridge to work with minimal fuss. Specs say Airplay2 which may or may not include backward compatibility to Airplay1 where the Airplay bridge would work.
          UpnpBridge may work but is definitely the most fiddly to set up.
          The best results would be with a separate SB device or Pi into either the analogue or digital ports.
          Jim
          https://jukeradio.double6.net


          VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
          Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
          Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
          Dining Room SB Radio
          Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
          Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
          Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

          Comment


            #6
            If the Lyngdorf doesn't work out, there's always this:

            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by castalla View Post
              Have you deleted the existing config file? Then uninstall the plugin and reinstall?
              I did and it worked for a day or two and started crashing. I am giving it a go again. Oddly getting no support from official thread, but it's such a game-changing plugin I'm patient.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by starwalt View Post
                I did and it worked for a day or two and started crashing. I am giving it a go again. Oddly getting no support from official thread, but it's such a game-changing plugin I'm patient.
                Does the device work reliably with iTunes, etc.?
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hope you don´t mind if I chime in here due to the fact that I´m also interested in the 1120.

                  I like to come back to the Jim´s remark regarding the separate PI.


                  Originally posted by d6jg View Post
                  Looking at the specs I’d expect the Chromecast bridge to work with minimal fuss. Specs say Airplay2 which may or may not include backward compatibility to Airplay1 where the Airplay bridge would work.
                  UpnpBridge may work but is definitely the most fiddly to set up.
                  The best results would be with a separate SB device or Pi into either the analogue or digital ports.
                  Would this work:
                  - Pi with a SPDIF hat (such as HB Digi+) running LMS and pCP
                  - PI connected via Coax to the 1120
                  - Required settings in Squeezelite: "Output device setting" would be the hat (hence something like "HifiBerry Digi and Digi+") and corresponding "output setting" something like "hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry"

                  Would that be all? Of course LMS needs to be pointed to the music folder.
                  Just trying to figure out if something else would be required in the pCP/Squeezelite settings.

                  Thanks in advance.

                  Cheers,
                  M.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X