Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Remote control for PCP

Hello,

I am looking for advice on sourcing a USB connected remote control for my RPi based PCP streamer.

I was thinking of a USB keyboard emulator type thing which I can plug in and locate the IR receiver diode in the front face of the enclosure to allow me to control basic functions of the PCP from a remote control?
    I have seen a few generic devices aimed at PC use, but I am unsure as to whether these would work or allow configuration to work with my Rpi and PCP?
    Do the PC ones key presses align with the appropriate actions in a PCP, i.e. does the play key initiate play, stop, next track etc?

Many thanks

I use one of these FLIRCs matched to an old Touch remote.

There is a discussion here as well as some other threads:
    Last edited by stereoptic; 2022-09-22, 15:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Roog View Post
      I am looking for advice on sourcing a USB connected remote control for my RPi based PCP streamer.
      I am using a "model T3" RF remote control as described in this forum post.
      This remote control comes with an 2.4GHz RF receiver that is connected to an USB port of the Raspberry Pi. The remote also has an alphanumerical keyboard at the backside that is useful when using the LMS search function.

PS: There are (at least) 2 main versions of this remote control, model MX3 and model T3. Both have an IR learning function, for IR control of your TV or Audio amplifier. The TV button on the remote is used to switch between RF mode and IR mode. With model MX3 only five keys can be programmed to send an IR signal, while with model T3 all keys at the front side of the remote can be programmed to send an IR signal. It seems that nowadays model T3 is hard to get. Most suppliers only offer the MX3 model. If you don't care much about the IR functionality, model MX3 is probably good enough.
      | LMS 8.3.1 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

Working...
      X