Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wt32-sc01

Hi guys

Does squeezelite-esp32 support the WT32-SC01 ?

WT32-SC01 is an ESP32 Development board with a 3.5-inch color touch screen. The touch screen enables a new way of interacting with the ESP32. The board is equipped with a graphical user interface (GUI) firmware, which supports graphical drag-and-drop programming and helps users develop a customized control platform.

Could be a nice board for running a simple "squeezebox touch".

As far as I can see, it should be runable on the version of ESP32 that the WT32-SC01 is using, but a DAC might be needed to get analouge sound out. But is the screen / screen- and touchdriver supported by squeezelite-esp32 ?

BR
    Kasper

Originally posted by macsat View Post
    Could be a nice board for running a simple "squeezebox touch".

As far as I can see, it should be runable on the version of ESP32 that the WT32-SC01 is using, but a DAC might be needed to get analouge sound out. But is the screen / screen- and touchdriver supported by squeezelite-esp32 ?
    There is no touch UI in squeezelite-esp32 and no plan to implement one. Philippe built a nice system for button and rotary control, as LMS has server side support for the navigation.

There may be some cheap phones you can buy at a similar price which would have screen, battery and headphone dac and on top of which you can run Orange Squeeze (or any other android based control software) along with the excellent SqueezePlayer for Android. You won't get the fast "boot to playback" timing of Squeezelite-esp32, but you'll get a touch UI for local control.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

As for this board specifically, it's a WROVER. Squeezelite-esp32 should run fine on it, provided you have an external DAC for it. I have not found which driver is used for the screen, though, so I'm not sure if screen would be supported at all.
      LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
      6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

Seems to be a ST7796S screen driver that is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by macsat View Post
          Seems to be a ST7796S screen driver that is needed.
          There's a driver for ST7735 and ST7789. Not sure if 7796 is compatible out of the box

Comment

Working...
          X