Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GUSTARD DAC-R26 - anyone use it with LMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUSTARD DAC-R26 - anyone use it with LMS?

Is it possible to use this with LMS through UPnP/DNLA? Seems interesting.
    Last edited by Zombie; 2022-06-22, 20:09.

Oops, it isn't available yet

Comment

Says it will support UPNP...

Server: LMS 8.3 on Windows 10 Computer with Synology DS920+ music stored in FLAC or DSF
      Living Room: PicorePlayer 8.2 on Raspberry Pi4 USB > Musetec 005 > Krell Digital Vanguard > Dynaudio Focus 360
      Outside: PicorePlayer 8.2 on Raspberry Pi4 USB > Gustard X26 Pro > NAD 325BEE > Dynaudio OW-8 & SVS SB3000 Micro
      Home Theater: PicorePlayer 8.2 on Raspberry Pi4 w/Pi2AES Coax > Denon AVR-6700h > Dynaudio Focus 220 MkII, Dynaudio Focus 200C, Dynaudio Audience 42, Definitive Technology Di 8r

Comment

Offering HDMI socket to run I2S (which they call IIS) looks to me like something that could go wrong when the listener plugs a real HDMI device into hole.

This is an analysis of I²S interface to see if it is superior to S/PDIF or USB interconnects for audio DACs. From what I recall, it was PS Audio that popularized I²S for external DAC connections. Phillips (now NXP) had invented I²S years early as an internal protocol to route audio. It was...
        Paul Webster
        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Webster View Post
          Offering HDMI socket to run I2S (which they call IIS) looks to me like something that could go wrong when the listener plugs a real HDMI device into hole.
          Yup, and it has no standard. A lot of bother for no improvement.

Comment

It's there because audiophilia nervosa users believe it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

It seems it gets favourable reviews in some places and the Gustard website has MQA added to the R26. Hope LMS will be added soon.

Comment

Ordered the Gustard R26 to be delivered next week if OOPS can avoid damaging it in transit. Will report back when the expectation bias has settled. Hope it works through DNLA/UPnP and hoping for LMS support in the future...

Comment

Generally it works OK with DNLA, but a few strange things during random play.

Comment

Zombie, what are you currently using as a streamer?

Comment

Originally posted by mflaten View Post
                      Zombie, what are you currently using as a streamer?
                      Hello!
                      I use the streamer in the Gustard R26. Works fine with the UPnP plugin.
                      Replace four boxes with one.

Comment

Working...
                      X