ANNOUNCE: Squeezelite-ESP32 (dedicated thread)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justjason
    • Jan 2020

Thanks for the tip, that worked great

Comment

• CJS
      • Dec 2018

Flash button mostly hidden in SqueezeESP32 web UI

I want to report a cosmetic issue on the "Updates" tab of the SqueezeESP32 web interface. When updating SqueezeAmp firmware from v539 to v541, I noticed that (after selecting the wanted firmware version) the red Flash button at the bottom of the page is mostly hidden, such that the name of the button (FLASH) is not visible. Firmware v541 appears to have the same issue, see screenshot below. I did not see this issue with firmware versions v536 and earlier. I see this issue both with Edge and Firefox. The firmware can still be updated by clicking the small upper part of the button that is still visible, knowing that this is the Flash button. Maybe this cosmetic issue can be fixed in a feature firmware release?

PS: Thanks for your work on SqueezeESP32!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SqueezeESP32_v541_update_tab.png
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1570711
      Last edited by CJS; 2020-12-24, 10:20.
      | LMS 8.5.1 on Linux Mint 21.3 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.2.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | ESP Muse Luxe |

Comment

• sle118
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by CJS
        Maybe this cosmetic issue can be fixed in a feature firmware release?
        Thank you for reporting. I am updating that screen too, but I'll see if I could make a quick fix before the big change comes in.
        LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
        6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

• ElFishi
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sle118
          Thank you for reporting. I am updating that screen too, but I'll see if I could make a quick fix before the big change comes in.
          while you are at it, may I suggest to change the "branch" drop-down into a "HW platform" drop-down?

Comment

• sle118
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ElFishi
            while you are at it, may I suggest to change the "branch" drop-down into a "HW platform" drop-down?
            Actually, I'll probably end up having important columns be searchable. Something like this (very much preliminary)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-24 114203.png
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1570713

And ideally, platform will be automatically defaulted
            LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
            6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

• micha86
              • Nov 2020

Hi everyone, am new here.
              I bought a wondom amplifier and want to run it together with wrover.
              my question: how is it connected?
              what do the pins of the amplifier LRCK, BCLK, SDATA, MCLK mean?
              But in webUI I see Clock GPIO, Word Select GPIO, Data GPIO.
              Thanks in advance!

Comment

• philippe_44
                • May 2008

Originally posted by micha86
                Hi everyone, am new here.
                I bought a wondom amplifier and want to run it together with wrover.
                my question: how is it connected?
                what do the pins of the amplifier LRCK, BCLK, SDATA, MCLK mean?
                But in webUI I see Clock GPIO, Word Select GPIO, Data GPIO.
                Thanks in advance!
                I don't know wondom, but the rest is about what is an I2S but (remember it's a serial bus so chips need to figure out where they are). You can Google that, but meanwhile

- LRCK = Word Select: clock that indicate the beginning of transmission of a sample (frame clock)
                - BCLK = Clock: clock that indicate the beginning of a bit
                - SDATA = Data: the data itself
                - MCLK = to be ignored, it's the master clock if I2S master provides it to generate clocking in the i2s slave - not used in our case
                LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• micha86
                  • Nov 2020

Originally posted by philippe_44
                  I don't know wondom, but the rest is about what is an I2S but (remember it's a serial bus so chips need to figure out where they are). You can Google that, but meanwhile

- LRCK = Word Select: clock that indicate the beginning of transmission of a sample (frame clock)
                  - BCLK = Clock: clock that indicate the beginning of a bit
                  - SDATA = Data: the data itself
                  - MCLK = to be ignored, it's the master clock if I2S master provides it to generate clocking in the i2s slave - not used in our case
                  Thanks for such a quick reply
                  I will try it out the days
                  It's a TAS5756M chip: Wondom amplifilter
                  I have already read it here that it worked successfully.

Comment

• ElFishi
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sle118
                    Actually, I'll probably end up having important columns be searchable. Something like this (very much preliminary)

And ideally, platform will be automatically defaulted
                    Platform only comes in three flavors, so not much fun searching.
                    I'm sure you find a good solution!
                    Last edited by ElFishi; 2020-12-25, 19:12.

Comment

• sle118
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ElFishi
                      Platform only comes in three flavors, so not much fun searching.
                      I'm sure you find a good solution!
                      It is more about filtering than searching

Comment

• philippe_44
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by micha86
                        Thanks for such a quick reply
                        I will try it out the days
                        It's a TAS5756M chip: Wondom amplifilter
                        I have already read it here that it worked successfully.
                        Yes, seems I recognize the TI reference design and I remember the thread now
                        Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-12-26, 08:39.
                        LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• micha86
                          • Nov 2020

Originally posted by philippe_44
                          Yes, seems I recognize the TI reference design and I remember the thread now
                          Thanks for such a great project! Works very well, I'm happy!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• rhuber
                            • Sep 2019

Equalizer distortion

Originally posted by KeBul
                            OK thanks.
                            This morning I cleared the squeezeesp32.pref file again, erased the A1S and re-flashed 526, and now the sound is back to normal and equalizer changes are working and remaining stored... pretty sure that was the first thing I tried yesterday and it didn't sort it, go figure.
                            Kev, do you still have troubles with the equalizer? I ran into the same problem with v0.5.659 (eq settings not saved and suddenly completely distorted sound at max. volume). I removed the squeezeesp32-plugin from LMS to make sure this doesn't happen again, but I wish I could use the equalizer...

Comment

• KeBul
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rhuber
                              Kev, do you still have troubles with the equalizer? I ran into the same problem with v0.5.659 (eq settings not saved and suddenly completely distorted sound at max. volume). I removed the squeezeesp32-plugin from LMS to make sure this doesn't happen again, but I wish I could use the equalizer...
                              I've not used the equaliser since then, the plugin is installed (v0.211) but all sliders left at zero. I've just tested it and I can't hear any difference when moving the sliders, that's still using an A1S and a Bluetooth speaker. I am however, still using firmware development.142 on the A1S as I cannot get any of the newer 5nn series of firmware to work reliably on that device.

For my use with the bluetooth speaker, the sound is good enough without the equaliser, on my sister's 'live' SqueezeAMP using I2S Audio and the in-built amp to a pair of external speakers, the equaliser really helps improve the sound, I'm pretty sure that's running 526 and the plugin is v0.204 and as far as I'm aware that is working fine and because she uses it regularly I've left it be.

I'm not sure any of my issues have been addressed, I think Philippe's explanation of issues with the equaliser were due to me swapping between old style and new style firmware and the newer version of plugin generating different player IDs for older and newer versions of device firmware... something like that anyway. When I had that issue I felt that although the gui showed the sliders going back to zero, the underlying changes had been kept, so re adjusting the sliders just added more to what was already set... until it went out of range and resulted in completely distorted sound.

What's your setup? - SqueezeAMP, A1S (edit - checked your profile/previous posts and it looks like A1S) or other? What's your audio output set to? Your firmware version doesn't make sense either... current ones are dev.5nn latest being dev.541. and what version of LMS and SqueezeESP32 plugin are you using?

I can try to do some more testing if you clarify what you have.

Kev

Comment

• robjordan
                                • Feb 2015

Another I2S DAC candidate: nihtila.com W-DAC S 4493

This caught my eye and may be of interest to the hobbyist/tinkerer contingent. Nitila is a designer and small-scale producer of high-quality audio boards. I have no connection and have not used any of his products, but the quality of documentation and attention to detail on his site is super-impressive. He recently released an I2S DAC that I felt might be a good partner to squeezelite-esp32. Some integration would be needed, it's I2C-controlled, but a fun project for someone perhaps.
                                This board is a software-controlled version of W-DAC 4493, plus a few tricks added to improve it's practical performance and usability especially in preamplifier applications. Another new feature not possible in HW-controlled version is DSD support. Here are the new features summarised: I2C-controlled - requires a microcontroller (e.g. Arduino) or any I2C host for control
                                Rob Jordan
                                LMS 8.1.1 on RPi4-Raspbian. Squeeze clients in 5 flavours: Boom, Classic (SB3), Picore/RPi2, Squeezelite-X/W10, SqueezeESP32 on DIY h/w.

Comment

Working...