Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANNOUNCE: Squeezelite-ESP32 (dedicated thread)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by sle118 View Post

    That will work.

    Remember though that you need an esp32 module with at least 4Mb of PSRAM. The appropriate module is a WROVER and definitely not the WROOM that the a2dp sink is using
    working! thanks again!!

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	1629161

    I have a question regarding the configuration. I see this, but i have no idea what it means:

    "autoexec1" squeezelite -b 500:2000 -d all=info -C 30 -W -o SPDIF -Z 192000 -n "squeezelite-fb7b64"

    the use i want to give to the streamer is to stream from my LMS where i have a HDD with all my CDs ripped (that is, everything 16 bit 44kHz) and a few FLACS and mp3 that i doubt are anything higher than 44kHz. I value a lot that the streamer is as stable as possible. Would you suggest that i change something in the line above? for instance i see it has the max sample rate set at 192 kHz, best if i lower it to 44? thanks for any suggestions!​
    Last edited by RPlanto; 2023-02-04, 19:02.

    Comment


      Anybody knows if TTGO T-Koala with WROVER-B is working?
      | LMS 8.3.0 @ QLMS 2.31 | 2 SB Radios | SB Duet | SB 3 | piCorePlayer 8.2.0/Jivelite 7" Touch Jivelite | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S310 |

      Comment


        Originally posted by networx View Post
        Anybody knows if TTGO T-Koala with WROVER-B is working?
        If you get the ESP32-WROVER-B version I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

        Comment


          Originally posted by RPlanto View Post

          working! thanks again!!

          Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	1629161

          I have a question regarding the configuration. I see this, but i have no idea what it means:

          "autoexec1" squeezelite -b 500:2000 -d all=info -C 30 -W -o SPDIF -Z 192000 -n "squeezelite-fb7b64"

          the use i want to give to the streamer is to stream from my LMS where i have a HDD with all my CDs ripped (that is, everything 16 bit 44kHz) and a few FLACS and mp3 that i doubt are anything higher than 44kHz. I value a lot that the streamer is as stable as possible. Would you suggest that i change something in the line above? for instance i see it has the max sample rate set at 192 kHz, best if i lower it to 44? thanks for any suggestions!​
          From the Readme...

          "In 16 bits mode, although 192 kHz is reported as max rate, it's highly recommended to limit reported sampling rate to 96k (-Z 96000)."

          This setting does nothing unless you play files over 96000.

          Comment


            Originally posted by RPlanto View Post

            working! thanks again!!

            Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	6 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	1629161

            I have a question regarding the configuration. I see this, but i have no idea what it means:

            "autoexec1" squeezelite -b 500:2000 -d all=info -C 30 -W -o SPDIF -Z 192000 -n "squeezelite-fb7b64"

            the use i want to give to the streamer is to stream from my LMS where i have a HDD with all my CDs ripped (that is, everything 16 bit 44kHz) and a few FLACS and mp3 that i doubt are anything higher than 44kHz. I value a lot that the streamer is as stable as possible. Would you suggest that i change something in the line above? for instance i see it has the max sample rate set at 192 kHz, best if i lower it to 44? thanks for any suggestions!​
            SPDIF, with the trick I've used will work fine at 48kHz and sometimes can work at 96kHz, but not at 192, for sure
            Last edited by philippe_44; 2023-02-04, 23:03.
            LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

            Comment


              Originally posted by mboxler View Post

              If you get the ESP32-WROVER-B version I see no reason why that wouldn't work.
              Wrover is not = Wrover ...

              I bought T8 1.1 in the past. But I was then taught that the S2, although it has the newer in more powerful LX7 core, should not be sufficient for Squeezelite.
              So this time I rather ask in advance if the Wrover-B really works. 😉​
              | LMS 8.3.0 @ QLMS 2.31 | 2 SB Radios | SB Duet | SB 3 | piCorePlayer 8.2.0/Jivelite 7" Touch Jivelite | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S310 |

              Comment


                Originally posted by networx View Post

                Wrover is not = Wrover ...

                I bought T8 1.1 in the past. But I was then taught that the S2, although it has the newer in more powerful LX7 core, should not be sufficient for Squeezelite.
                So this time I rather ask in advance if the Wrover-B really works. 😉​
                I have a couple of different boards with the WROVER-B chip. They all work perfectly.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by philippe_44 View Post

                  SPDIF, with the trick I've used will work fine at 48kHz and sometimes can work at 96kHz, but not at 192, for sure
                  thanks for your answers guys.
                  As i understand it (but i am not sure), the setting in that line is a maximum, and in any case the music in my server is 44.1kHz/16bit, so i have done what mboxler suggested and lower the figure after -Z.
                  Any other comment about the rest of the line? anything else that i could or should change? thanks a lot!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mboxler View Post

                    I have a couple of different boards with the WROVER-B chip. They all work perfectly.
                    Thanks 👍🏼

                    Do you also see a chance to use an S2? Possibly. If you make restrictions via settings?
                    Last edited by networx; 2023-02-05, 14:27.
                    | LMS 8.3.0 @ QLMS 2.31 | 2 SB Radios | SB Duet | SB 3 | piCorePlayer 8.2.0/Jivelite 7" Touch Jivelite | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S310 |

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by networx View Post

                      Thanks 👍🏼

                      Do you also see a chance to use an S2? Possibly. If you make restrictions via settings?
                      The chip needs at a minimum 4mb of flash and 4mb of PSRAM, which the WROVER has. The maximum you can get with an S2 (ESP32-S2FN4R2) is 4mb of flash and 2mb of PSRAM. Looks like an ESP32-S2 doesn't have any flash or PSRAM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mboxler View Post

                        The chip needs at a minimum 4mb of flash and 4mb of PSRAM, which the WROVER has. The maximum you can get with an S2 (ESP32-S2FN4R2) is 4mb of flash and 2mb of PSRAM. Looks like an ESP32-S2 doesn't have any flash or PSRAM.
                        Are you sure? Think you can add external.

                        Have this one, bought 2 years ago...

                        shorturl.at/iLY28

                        Specifications show 4MB Flash and 8MB PSRAM

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230205-162904.png Views:	0 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	1629334 ​​​​
                        Last edited by networx; 2023-02-05, 16:41.
                        | LMS 8.3.0 @ QLMS 2.31 | 2 SB Radios | SB Duet | SB 3 | piCorePlayer 8.2.0/Jivelite 7" Touch Jivelite | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S310 |

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by networx View Post

                          Are you sure? Think you can add external.

                          Have this one, bought 2 years ago...

                          shorturl.at/iLY28

                          Specifications show 4MB Flash and 8MB PSRAM

                          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20230205-162904.png Views:	0 Size:	150.9 KB ID:	1629334 ​​​​
                          Sorry I'm no help. Page 11 of the datasheet states otherwise???



                          I do see where one can map to external memory, but I don't know how one could do that with Squeezelite-esp32..

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mboxler View Post

                            Sorry I'm no help. Page 11 of the datasheet states otherwise???



                            I do see where one can map to external memory, but I don't know how one could do that with Squeezelite-esp32..
                            I think PSRAM is not the problem, you can connect up to 1GB. But how is the performance of the LX7 single core I'm compared to the LX6 dual core?

                            What I have read, the performance should be comparable. But the LX7 core is much more power-efficient and especially the WiFi performance is much better. Among other things, antenna diversity is also supported, so even 2 antennas can be used and various extensions of the 802.11n standard.

                            Or are there other points that speak against using the S2?

                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230205-193432.png Views:	0 Size:	113.0 KB ID:	1629377
                            Last edited by networx; 2023-02-05, 20:03.
                            | LMS 8.3.0 @ QLMS 2.31 | 2 SB Radios | SB Duet | SB 3 | piCorePlayer 8.2.0/Jivelite 7" Touch Jivelite | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S310 |

                            Comment


                              Just to be clear again: only the regular esp32 is supported. NO OTHER VERSION IS
                              LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RPlanto View Post

                                thanks for your answers guys.
                                As i understand it (but i am not sure), the setting in that line is a maximum, and in any case the music in my server is 44.1kHz/16bit, so i have done what mboxler suggested and lower the figure after -Z.
                                Any other comment about the rest of the line? anything else that i could or should change? thanks a lot!
                                It's a maximum yes but it means that LMS WILL send unchanged (not resampled) data if the rate is below that one, which is not what you want.
                                LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X