Remote control only using direct keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote control only using direct keys

I have HDMI CEC working pretty well with Jivelite on Linux but there are some limitations around key mapping.

The direction (left/right/up/down) keys work well but the media control (play/pause/stop) are not recognised.
    I know that the real way to improve this is to unpick all of the mapping/remapping that goes on in the layers between the CEC handling and Jivelite ... I tried once and it was painful and I was not successful.

So - thinking about a different way to do it.
    Given that the "Right" key works from the Now Playing screen to get to the menu ... I wonder how feasible it would be to put Play/Pause/Stop/Shuffle into the menu the Jivelite shows.
    It could be a bit clever - so only show Play if currently not playing and Pause/Stop only if currently playing

Would this be something that LMS plugin could readily do or is it best done in LMS itself or in Jivelite source?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin
Working...
X