• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jivelite NowPlaying screen & skin - help with UI mod of NP view

> I had already registered an additional NP view/mode ('Lyrics') with
    > (almost) everything else. Turns out it was only missing very little in
    > the end.

Nice!
    For bug reports, FAQ (if available) and more detailed information about my plugins, please see the GitHub page or the first post in the support thread for a plugin. Please post bug reports for my plugins only on GitHub. Thank you.

Jivelite NowPlaying screen & skin - help with UI mod of NP view

Hi.

I'm trying to add a view to jivelite's NowPlaying (NP) screen that will allow me to view track lyrics. The idea is to jump/swipe back and forth between my usual NP view and the lyrics view. BTW that's why I think it can't a separate screensaver but has to be a 'hack' of the NP screen.
    I know that lyrics are available from a track's context menu but that means more clicking and swiping and - more importantly - if you have NowPlaying set as your screensaver it always jumps away from the lyrics after a couple of seconds (as it should). So not an ideal way to follow the track lyrics while a song is playing.

Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with jivelite skins (I'm using the JogglerSkin here) or lua. The lyrics stretch down to the end of the screen, behind the control bar at the bottom (red line), and are not scrollable (no slider). Before I give up on this, I thought I'd ask:

Is it possible to use something like a multi-line textarea with a max. height and a slider for scrolling through the lyrics in an NP view?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by AF1; 2022-10-23, 17:03.
    For bug reports, FAQ (if available) and more detailed information about my plugins, please see the GitHub page or the first post in the support thread for a plugin. Please post bug reports for my plugins only on GitHub. Thank you.

Comment

Jivelite NowPlaying screen & skin - help with UImod of NP view

> I'm trying to add a view to jivelite's *NowPlaying (NP) screen* that
      > will allow me to view track lyrics. The idea is to jump/swipe back and
      > forth between my usual NP view and the lyrics view. BTW that's why I
      > think it can't a separate screensaver but has to be a 'hack' of the NP
      > screen.

That's correct. The Now Playing modes are special modes defined in the
      skin. For Joggler you'd eg. find it here:

That's where those modes are being registered by the skin. But how to go
      from there I don't know off the top of my head... you'd have to dig
      around the code to figure out where those values and modes are being
      used and iplemented.

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

I had already registered an additional NP view/mode ('Lyrics') with (almost) everything else. Turns out it was only missing very little in the end.
        Here's the result. Works for me. Time to brood over all those profound lyrics now...

Click image for larger version

Name:	sc2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1575871

I'll update the JogglerSkin files of my modified NP screen on GitHub tomorrow.

Comment

Very cool. The now playing screen needs more info, lyrics is great!

Comment

Working...
          X