Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.3.0: bye, bye video/picture support!

> So you'd get the picture list, but clicking an image wouldn't show it as
    > a large image? This might indeed be a side-effect... let me double check.

....and I hadn't noticed because I broke that feature for myself a long
    time ago, when I disabled media support for my installation... Thanks
    for the heads up! The "lightbox" in the web UI should be restored in the
    next build.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

I pushed the probably biggest change to LMS 8.3: removal of the media scanner. I decided to make LMS about audio only again. The video/picture support always was a step-child and hadn't seen any updates in many years. Earlier this year I disabled it in 8.3 already. Now I removed the code.

I'm sorry if you were one of the few users of this feature.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

Good move, I've made the appropriate changes

Click image for larger version

Name:	LMS.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1574994

Jim

Comment

that means usage of SLIMOPTIONS="--noimage --novideo" within /etc/default/logitechmediaserver is obsolete?

Comment

> that means usage of SLIMOPTIONS="--noimage --novideo" within
          > /etc/default/logitechmediaserver obsolete?

Yes, these options have been removed.
          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Redrum View Post
            Good move, I've made the appropriate changes

[ATTACH]37802[/ATTACH]

Jim
            Looks like that's going to require a global replace including the installer.

Don't need these checkboxes anymore:

Thanks Michael, running it now.

Comment

And it's still LMS aka Logitech Music Server

Comment

Would this change have had any effect on the MAI plugin's ability to display Local Artwork from the Song Info menu? I upgraded to build 1650865796 this morning, and I can still enter the Local Artwork menu, but clicking on a thumbnail in that menu has no effect. I briefly set MAI logging to debug, but I don't see any obvious errors. Each attempt to load an image puts two lines like this in the log:

Code:
                [22-04-25 17:18:01.1587] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::LocalArtwork::artworkUrl (155) Artwork for mai/localartwork/5ac07bc755bec5d92d1ef8b5858da1a2, 50x50_o
                [22-04-25 17:18:01.1595] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::LocalArtwork::artworkUrl (159) Artwork file path is 'file:///home/robbh/Music_collection/Alphabetical/B/Billie%20Holiday/Complete%20Columbia%20Recordings%201933-1944/cover.png'
                Oddly enough, the problem only occurs in the default interface. Material still displays Local Artwork.

LMS is on a Raspberry Pi 4 running RP OS.
                Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

> Would this change have had any effect on the MAI plugin's ability to
                  > display Local Artwork from the Song Info menu? I upgraded to build
                  > 1650865796 this morning, and I can still enter the Local Artwork menu,
                  > but clicking on a thumbnail in that menu has no effect.

So you'd get the picture list, but clicking an image wouldn't show it as
                  a large image? This might indeed be a side-effect... let me double check.
                  Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
                    > So you'd get the picture list, but clicking an image wouldn't show it as
                    > a large image? This might indeed be a side-effect... let me double check.

....and I hadn't noticed because I broke that feature for myself a long
                    time ago, when I disabled media support for my installation... Thanks
                    for the heads up! The "lightbox" in the web UI should be restored in the
                    next build.
                    Yes, it's working now. Thank you!
                    Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players (Squeezelite and Airplay bridge). Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

Working...
                    X