• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in 7.9: "Don't Stop The Music"

> How about an option to switch to a given radio stream (eg. one of the
    > favourites list)?

Yes, that's something I've had on my list, too. But I didn't want to
    reveal my ideas to see what you came up with ;-).

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

...or a favorite dynamic playlist....
      http://www.last.fm/user/amatala

Comment

> ...or a favorite dynamic playlist....

That would be up to the author of the dynamic playlist plugin to implement.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

DSTM is working well for me. Very, very nice.

I have some "ideas".

How about exposing the DSTM options so they're a little more convenient?

E.g. a "Don't Stop the Music" control button on the webUI next to the repeat & shuffle buttons? Something that would cycle through "Disabled" and all the other "Don't Stop" options?

Also, how about exposing such a control jive-like on a now playing long-press so that iPeng, OrangeSqueeze, etc. can play too?

And eventual CLI control?

Finally, (and I understand that this is outside the scope of DSTM) how feasible would it be to further restrict random album play...not just by genre, but also by using some kind of rudimentary SOUNDEX scoring on the album title? E.g. if I'm playing Beethoven string quartets, DSTM would cue up more classical era string quartets, rather than, say, symphonies or string trios.
          Last edited by gharris999; 2016-06-21, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by quadronado View Post
            I've just tried the Song Mix (limited to current genres). I listened to a jazz album and it added a perfectly pure jazz playlist. Are you sure that your library is tagged pretty well?
            Sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened. I thought i had it set to limited to current genres.. Apparently it wasn't so it was just random songs.. haha.. Thanks for the heads up.. It works great now that I selected the right one.

Comment

> E.g. a "Don't Stop the Music" control button on the webUI next to the
              > repeat & shuffle buttons? Something that would cycle through "Disabled"
              > and all the other "Don't Stop" options?

I'll look into this.

> Also, how about exposing such a control jive-like on a now playing
              > long-press so that iPeng, OrangeSqueeze, etc. can play too?

The problem there is a long standing issue (IMHO): for the music
              services we provide a context menu which is 100% mysb.com fed. And there
              is no way to add anything to it from LMS. I don't know why we decided to
              do this back in the days. But it prevents us to do what you're asking to
              do. Adding it while playing local content only could be too confusing.

> And eventual CLI control?

Some already is available (the menu does require a CLI command). What
              would you want to do?

> Finally, how feasible would it be to further restrict random album
              > play...not just by genre, but also by using some kind of rudimentary
              > SOUNDEX scoring on the album title? E.g. if I'm playing Beethoven
              > string quartets, DSTM would cue up more classical era string quartets,
              > rather than, say, symphonies or string trios.

That's the kind of "intelligence" which is not easy to implement. That
              would be a major challenge. Out of the scope for LMS. It could certainly
              be done in a plugin if someone felt like doing it anyway.

--

Michael
              Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

currently only Spotify or Deezer can be selected as the source for the
                do not stop play music mix. Would it be possible to select both and a
                mixed playlist is created from both sources?

Also it would be great to start a mix from the song which is currently
                played. If this can be done via the context menu from iPeng,it would be
                perfect.

Additionaly it is IMHO not very comfortable to activate the do not stop
                feature for every player. A possebility to configure and change the
                settings globaly would be very nice .

Cheers and thanks again for your great work,

Schoepp

Comment

> currently only Spotify or Deezer can be selected as the source for the
                  > do not stop play music mix. Would it be possible to select both and a
                  > mixed playlist is created from both sources?

Sounds like a great idea for a 3rd party plugin :-). The current
                  implementation really tries to provide the infrastructure for plugins to
                  hook in to. Plus I've added the easiest choices for a few services.

The feature you suggest would require a lot more code and logic than the
                  current implementation (eg. de-duplication). And as I doubt many users
                  are using both services in parallel, this doesn't sound like a feature
                  which needs to be in the server core.

> Also it would be great to start a mix from the song which is currently
                  > played. If this can be done via the context menu from iPeng,it would be
                  > perfect.

Similarly to the feature I had in SmartMix? Might be possible under
                  certain circumstances. But as I've mentioned before I can't hook in to
                  music service context menu. Therefore this feature would be rather limited.

> Additionaly it is IMHO not very comfortable to activate the do not stop
                  > feature for every player. A possebility to configure and change the
                  > settings globaly would be very nice .

No. That's how SmartMix started. And everybody wanted to have per-client
                  configurability. Because I want my kids' Radio go silent after a while,
                  but not mine ;-). And dealing with both global and per-player settings
                  is just too much hassle for my taste. I don't know how many players you
                  have. But even configuring it on a dozen player doesn't take long.

--

Michael
                  Michael

Comment

Just updated .... none of the 'new' features appear in DSTM settings
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

> Just updated .... none of the 'new' features appear in DSTM settings

What new features are you expecting to see?

What if you restarted your devices?

--

Michael
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mherger View Post
                        > Just updated .... none of the 'new' features appear in DSTM settings

What new features are you expecting to see?

What if you restarted your devices?

--

Michael
                        eerrr - favourites ???
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

> mherger wrote:
                          >> What if you restarted your devices?

>
                          > eerrr - favourites ???

Did you restart your devices and controllers/apps?

--

Michael
                          Michael

Comment

> mherger wrote:
                            >> What if you restarted your devices?

>
                            > eerrr - favourites ???

Did you restart your devices and controllers/apps?

--

Michael
                            ah well - had to do a complete reinstall of LMS

Working now - looks good!

Comment

> ah well - had to do a complete reinstall of LMS

You certainly didn't. I can't remember when I did this the last time.
                              And I'm switching between branches (7.7-7.9 and others) all the time.
                              Wiping an install never is necessary.

--

Michael
                              Michael

Comment

> ah well - had to do a complete reinstall of LMS

You certainly didn't. I can't remember when I did this the last time.
                                And I'm switching between branches (7.7-7.9 and others) all the time.
                                Wiping an install never is necessary.

--

Michael
                                My server refused to load the OS after a reboot - so the only solution was to reimage and restart.

Comment

Working...
                                X