PDA

View Full Version : [Squeeze]Sound-drops playing any loss-less or wav files.

Philip Bouscarle
2004-11-24, 03:46
I play AAC s and Apple lossless over a wireless Lan and get a drop-out about every 20 minutes for about 2-3 seconds. No bitrate limitting. It happens for no apparent reason (i.e. no wireless phone or microwave in use.) The only time I have actually seen what caused it was when I was mucking about with my PDA, which I use to control the SB around the house and I hit the Statistics button. The other thing I have noticed is that the buffer empties during the drop-out not before it. Or is that just a lag in the information getting to the SB's display?

Slightly off-topic: If your microwave causes drop-outs doesn't that mean it is leaking radiation?

Philip

From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Magnus Ignberg
Sent: 24 November 2004 09:19
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] [Squeeze]Sound-drops playing any loss-less or wav files.

The issue of Sound-drops when running Squeezebox wirelessly has been discussed before but as far as I can see, no solution have been presented to solve the problem. The Sound-drops appears only when playing any loss-less format like ogg or flac and wav files and setting the Squeezebox bitrate limiting to "no limit". The sound-drops appear every 4 to 5 seconds and last for about one second.

There shouldn´t be any connection problem since signal strength is almost 100% when I place the Squeezebox nest to my D-link 624. I have tried different settings on my wireless router but nothing seems to do the trick. My computer is new with lots of memory and capacity so it shouldn´t either be a problem.

Please anyone, do you or have you had this problem and how can it be solved?

Regards,

Maggie