PDA

View Full Version : Announce: JRiver Playlists

cncb
2013-09-24, 09:24
This Logitech Media Server plugin allows Squeezebox users who use JRiver Media Center to manage their music to:

- Play JRiver playlists and Smartlists directly from the Squeezebox interface (no export/import necessary).
- Add individual tracks to JRiver playlists and create new playlists.

Requirements
- JRiver Media Center v19 (v18 should work but won't allow you to add tracks to playlists) - at least the JRiver Media Server must always be running.
- All tracks must be present with the same file paths in both Logitech Media Server and the JRiver library.

Installation and Setup (if this plugin is unexpectedly popular I will look into installation from the web like the other plugins):
- Stop Logitech Media Server.
- Copy the "JRiverPlaylists" directory from the zip file to the "server\Plugins" directory for LMS. For Windows this is most likely "C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\Plugins".
- Start Logitech Media Server.
- In a web browser open the Settings page for Logitech Media Server, click on the Plugins tab, click the Settings link for JRiver Playlists.
- Set the server options as necessary and click the Apply button.
- Make sure JRiver Media Center (or at least Media Server) is running with the "Media Network | Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" option checked.

Menu/UI additions:
- "JRiver Playlists" menu item in the "My Music" submenu.
- "JRiver: Add To Playlist" menu item in the "More" menu for individual tracks.

cncb
2013-09-27, 06:53
Some screenshots:

StridingEdge
2013-09-27, 12:35
I'm presuming that as you mentioned only "Media Center" that it will NOT work with Media Jukebox?

And doesn't J River create all their playlists in a flat format. There doesn't seem to be anything to copy. Currently I have to export every MJ playlist and that manually sends it to my playlist directory, From there I can import it to the Touch. It's long winded and I have to repeat the process every time I add music, as most of my lists are dynamic.

MeSue
2013-09-27, 12:37
Hmmm.... I think I am still on v17. Have to think about if I want to upgrade or wait for the next promo...

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Please pardon any typos!)

MrC
2013-09-27, 12:45
I'm presuming that as you mentioned only "Media Center" that it will NOT work with Media Jukebox?

And doesn't J River create all their playlists in a flat format. There doesn't seem to be anything to copy. Currently I have to export every MJ playlist and that manually sends it to my playlist directory, From there I can import it to the Touch. It's long winded and I have to redo them every time I add music as most of my lists are dynamic.

I believe the ability to add items to a playlist (via the method cnbc is using) is new to MC19, so it won't work in Media Jukebox. And it also uses a service called MCWS, which I don't believe is in Media Jukebox.

StridingEdge
2013-09-27, 13:20
I believe the ability to add items to a playlist (via the method cnbc is using) is new to MC19, so it won't work in Media Jukebox. And it also uses a service called MCWS, which I don't believe is in Media Jukebox.
I have zero interest in adding to the existing playlists via the Touch. I do all my playlist management in MJ and can never foresee a time when I'd want to do it on the fly. Do you mean that it is only that feature which is unavailable? If that's the case, then it matters not at all. I would just like to be able to get the Touch to see my existing playlists without having to export them all individually.

MrC
2013-09-27, 13:27
I have zero interest in adding to the existing playlists via the Touch. I do all my playlist management in MJ and can never foresee a time when I'd want to do it on the fly. Do you mean that it is only that feature which is unavailable? If that's the case, then it matters not at all. I would just like to be able to get the Touch to see my existing playlists without having to export them all individually.

Looking at the code, it does indeed use the MCWS service. Since Media Jukebox does not have this component, the plug-in won't work with Media Jukebox. Time to buy MC19. :-)

StridingEdge
2013-09-27, 13:33
Looking at the code, it does indeed use the MCWS service. Since Media Jukebox does not have this component, the plug-in won't work with Media Jukebox. Time to by MC19. :-)It'd take more than the inability to port playlists properly for me to buy MC. It's not that it's useless, far from it, but I have all I ever want with MJ whilst MC has all the extraneous functionality that I am unlikely to want (in the near future at least). I'll grin and bear it for the time being - it's not a big deal. What else would I do with my time anyway? :)

Thanks anyway

cncb
2013-09-27, 15:54
And doesn't J River create all their playlists in a flat format. There doesn't seem to be anything to copy. Currently I have to export every MJ playlist and that manually sends it to my playlist directory, From there I can import it to the Touch. It's long winded and I have to repeat the process every time I add music, as most of my lists are dynamic.

MC will give you Playlist Groups so it won't just be a flat list. Also, with this plugin your dynamic smartlists update every time you play/view them just like in the MJ/MC interface itself.

cncb
2013-09-27, 20:39
Hmmm.... I think I am still on v17. Have to think about if I want to upgrade or wait for the next promo...

It looks like the MCWS service is included in v17 so it could be that you can do everything but add tracks to playlists.

MeSue
2013-09-27, 20:44
It looks like the MCWS service is included in v17 so it could be that you can do everything but add tracks to playlists.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Please pardon any typos!)