PDA

View Full Version : [ANNOUNCE] SqueezePad 1.10.0 with Home Automation Integration is available now

bluegaspode
2013-09-14, 00:17
Hi all,

thanks to Barry and Craig nagging me regularly ;) SqueezePad is available with a new feature today: advanced launch URLs.

Those of you doing home automation, typically use a different App as their main remote control App like CommandFusion , iRule, iRemoteControl .
These tools often allow you to start a different App with a short URL, so you are able to directly start SqueezePad from them (with the squeezepad:// URL)

Unfortunately there are some problems with this approach (well not anymore with SqueezePad):

your home automation tools are typically centered around rooms, so just starting a Squeezebox Controller with an arbitrarily selected room is confusing
at some point you want to get back to your Home Automation App. Pressing the home button of your iPad and selecting the App on the iPads main screen is inconvenient.

When you you’ve done everything right, you will be able to have the following new icon in SqueezePad:

Typical URLs you can use now look like the following
CommandFusion: squeezepad://?return=iviewer://&defaultPlayer=00:04:20:27:91:1f
iRule: squeezepad://?returnURL=irule%3A%2F%2F&defaultPlayer=00:04:20:27:91:1f

More details about these URLs can be found on my website: http://www.squeezepad.com/2013/09/integrating-home-automation-apps/

In addition behind the scenes some iOS7 compatibility issues have been solved.

Have fun with SqueezePad

vining
2013-09-15, 17:20
You might want to note that the player MAC we put into this URL schema needs to be lower case. I would suggest adding a lower_string(string) function inside your parser so that users can supply upper or lower string MACs but in the interim a little note similar to the need for URL_ENCODE would be helpful. Took me a while before I realized I need lower case MAC vs the upper case I copied directly from my VortexBox.

Otherwise great job and I think your the first I've seen to provide a return path and back button if path is supplied.

You might also note that AMX doesn't require the URL_ENCODING on their tpcontrol:// return path

Thanks!

bluegaspode
2013-09-15, 22:28
You might want to note that the player MAC we put into this URL schema needs to be lower case. I would suggest adding a lower_string(string) function inside your parser so that users can supply upper or lower string MACs but in the interim a little note similar to the need for URL_ENCODE would be helpful. Took me a while before I realized I need lower case MAC vs the upper case I copied directly from my VortexBox.

Otherwise great job and I think your the first I've seen to provide a return path and back button if path is supplied.

You might also note that AMX doesn't require the URL_ENCODING on their tpcontrol:// return path

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for this suggestion. I updated my instructions.
You are right about the MAC address. I always copied it from the browser URL (being lowercase) but only in the end changed instruction to look at the "information" tab.

Cheers
Stefan