PDA

View Full Version : Mixes and Best Format Library with Custom Browse

handsome
2013-09-07, 04:11
I am using custom browse + multi library plugins and the best format library. I have two collections: mp3 in one folder and FLACs in another (with artist/album sub folders of course). The best format library works fantastically except when it come to mixes - whenever i create a random or musicIP mix i get both lossy and lossless songs in the playlist even when there are copies of the lossy songs in lossless format. Is there a way around this?

erland
2013-09-07, 10:28
I am using custom browse + multi library plugins and the best format library. I have two collections: mp3 in one folder and FLACs in another (with artist/album sub folders of course). The best format library works fantastically except when it come to mixes - whenever i create a random or musicIP mix i get both lossy and lossless songs in the playlist even when there are copies of the lossy songs in lossless format. Is there a way around this?

For Random Mix playback, you could use SQL Playlist/Dynamic Playlist plugins instead since the playlists defined with SQL Playlist plugin can be configured to restrict the content to a Multi Library library.

In addition to this, it's possible to use Custom Skip plugin and configure it with a "Not Library" filter so it skips all tracks which isn't part of the "Best format" library you have defined in Multi Library plugin. This will work in both Random Mix plugin mixes and in MusicIP mixes but the disadvantage is that if a MP3 version is part of the mix, the track will be skippped, it won't select the FLAC version. So it's not an optimal solution, but it will guarantee that it doesn't play MP3 music for which you have a FLAC version of. For it to work, it's important that the "Enable filtering on all playlists" setting in Custom Skip settings page is enabled, if it isn't enable the Custom Skip plugin will only affect playlists played through the Dynamic Playlist plugin.

The optimal solution is to ensure that your LMS music folder only contains one version of each track, but this will of course require that you rearrange your music folder and I can imagine that it can be a bit of work if you have a large library.

handsome
2013-09-07, 23:52
thank you i shall try that.

handsome
2013-09-08, 05:34
i tried the SQLPlaylist plus Dynamic playlist to create random genre mixes and restricted them to my libraries and it works...but only with my Touch not my Transporter. If i click on one of the playlists in the webUI when the Touch is the active player i immediately get a playlist when the Transporter is active nothing happens. When I select a playlist from the Transporters remote i get a message on the screen saying there are no songs in the playlist. What am i doing wrong?

handsome
2013-09-09, 02:30
In addition to the above: the dynamic playlists only appear in the webUI. I cannot find them in the Touch menus. The only plugin that appears in the Touch menus is the CustomBrowse item. So the playlists work only on the Touch through the webUI. The playlists menu items appear on the Transporter but do not work whether triggered from the WebUI or the Transporter menu.

erland
2013-09-09, 10:26
When I select a playlist from the Transporters remote i get a message on the screen saying there are no songs in the playlist. What am i doing wrong?

If you checked the "Limit to active library" checkbox (in SQL Playlist configuration), which I suspect you did, it means that the playlist will be limited to the library you have selected in the Extras/Multi Library menu. The selection in Extras/Multi Library is per player, so you need to make this selection for each player, I suspect you have only done it on the Touch at the moment.

If you instead selected the library in the "Library" parameter (in SQL Playlist configuration) the library selection affects all players and to use a different library you need to reconfigure the playlist in Extras/SQL Playlist menu.

Does this explain the behavior you see ?

erland
2013-09-09, 10:28
In addition to the above: the dynamic playlists only appear in the webUI. I cannot find them in the Touch menus. The only plugin that appears in the Touch menus is the CustomBrowse item. So the playlists work only on the Touch through the webUI. The playlists menu items appear on the Transporter but do not work whether triggered from the WebUI or the Transporter menu.

Try restarting the Touch and see if that helps, I'm not sure how often it refresh the menu structure.
Usually it works but I've seen cases where a restart it required for it to update the menus after a new plugin is installed.

handsome
2013-09-09, 12:33
Yes and yes menus now working. Touch needed a restart and on the Transporter I resaved the configuration. Thank you Erland.