PDA

View Full Version : Port 9000 fails when computer restarts.

mandryka
2013-08-31, 08:40
I'm running the latest version of the squeezebox server on a PC with Windows 7 and Windows Firewall -- no other security. When I restart my computer the server automatically restarts on login, but fails to access Port 9000 (HTTP). The situation always seems to resolve itself after about 15 minutes or half an hour. Re-installing the server or clearing the cache doesn't help, neither does restarting any of the networking equipment.

The problem does not occur if I wake the computer from sleep.

Any ideas?

Howard

kidstypike
2013-08-31, 09:11
I'm running the latest version of the squeezebox server on a PC with Windows 7 and Windows Firewall -- no other security. When I restart my computer the server automatically restarts on login, but fails to access Port 9000 (HTTP). The situation always seems to resolve itself after about 15 minutes or half an hour. Re-installing the server or clearing the cache doesn't help, neither does restarting any of the networking equipment.

The problem does not occur if I wake the computer from sleep.

Any ideas?

Howard

Something else using port 9000?
Try changing port no to 9001 see below:

mandryka
2013-09-01, 00:42
Thanks. I've set the port to 9001, but I don't want to test it 'till I have to -- I don't want all the trouble of waiting and worrying for it to connect :o I'll report back when the next reboot occurs.

Osamede
2013-09-04, 06:17
I had same problem and eventually changed to port 9001. Problem still occurs occasionally, although much less.

mandryka
2013-09-05, 03:14
Yes the problem still happens for me. What could it possibly be?