PDA

View Full Version : Having problem using LMS with OS X Mavericks

gellie
2013-08-18, 11:26
Hello, I just downloaded the beta version of OS X Mavericks as a tester. I had to reload the LMS server. I am unable to open/run the sever. I tried deleting and reinstalling , which seems to have gone OK. I can see the LMS mounted on my desktop as well as under "devices" on the Macintosh HD icon. The problem is when i click on the LMS icon on the system preference pane i get the following message when i select start server" Launcher can't be opened because its from a unidentified developer" Then it wants me do do the following:
In the Finder, locate the app you want to open. Most apps can be found in the Applications folder.
Press the Control-key and click the app icon.
Choose Open from the pop-up menu.
Click Open.
The problem is the this "app" is not in the applications folder. I have tried hitting the Control Key and clicking on the disk and the Logitech Media Server with no help. Is there anything else i should try? Thanks

nonnoroger
2013-08-18, 13:31
Hello, I just downloaded the beta version of OS X Mavericks as a tester. I had to reload the LMS server. I am unable to open/run the sever. I tried deleting and reinstalling , which seems to have gone OK. I can see the LMS mounted on my desktop as well as under "devices" on the Macintosh HD icon. The problem is when i click on the LMS icon on the system preference pane i get the following message when i select start server" Launcher can't be opened because its from a unidentified developer" Then it wants me do do the following:
In the Finder, locate the app you want to open. Most apps can be found in the Applications folder.
Press the Control-key and click the app icon.
Choose Open from the pop-up menu.
Click Open.
The problem is the this "app" is not in the applications folder. I have tried hitting the Control Key and clicking on the disk and the Logitech Media Server with no help. Is there anything else i should try? Thanks

On my Mountain Lion Installation, the SB preference Pane is under /Library/PreferencePanes. I just tried right-clicking and choosing Open and it does open the preference window. Hopefully you will get a chance to agree to it being opened when you try it under mavericks.

Let us know how it goes.

gellie
2013-08-18, 16:16
On my Mountain Lion Installation, the SB preference Pane is under /Library/PreferencePanes. I just tried right-clicking and choosing Open and it does open the preference window. Hopefully you will get a chance to agree to it being opened when you try it under mavericks.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks. Found it under the above suggestion. However when I click on it and try the control click, the sever fails to open. Not sure what's going on. I get to the screen to start server, I select it and the sever stops after a second or two.

nonnoroger
2013-08-18, 21:30
Thanks. Found it under the above suggestion. However when I click on it and try the control click, the sever fails to open. Not sure what's going on. I get to the screen to start server, I select it and the sever stops after a second or two.

But you are not now clicking on an app icon, rather on a file name in Finder. Try right-click as I suggested.

Please also merge this thread with the other Mavericks thread in which you posted.

gellie
2013-08-19, 04:50
Thanks i jave merged, Im still not sure she you want me to "right click"? Where is the "app icon located" ?

nonnoroger
2013-08-19, 05:01
Thanks i jave merged, Im still not sure she you want me to "right click"? Where is the "app icon located" ?

Use Finder to go to Macintosh HD, Library, PreferencePanes. You should see The file (actually package) Squeezebox.prefPane listed there.

Right-click on that file name and choose Open. I am expecting/hoping that a dialog box will appear asking if you are sure you want to open ...

If so, then the preference pane should open within System Preferences.

gellie
2013-08-19, 05:04
Yes i get to that. However, as soon as i hit start server it stops immediately .

nonnoroger
2013-08-19, 05:07
Yes i get to that. However, as soon as i hit start server it stops immediately .

Well at least I helped with the problem you actually posted about :-)

Suggest you look through the other thread.

gellie
2013-08-19, 07:25
Found the solution!
Originally Posted by mherger View Post
> Thank you … But XCode has had makes many problems for me with iTunes
> (in the past) and I've never installed. So I must wait …

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...rver_Perl5.16/

Have fun! And let me know how it works. Thanks!

--

Michael
This worked perfectly for me.Thanks so much!

SamS
2013-09-28, 09:09
Found the solution!
Originally Posted by mherger View Post
> Thank you … But XCode has had makes many problems for me with iTunes
> (in the past) and I've never installed. So I must wait …

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...rver_Perl5.16/

Have fun! And let me know how it works. Thanks!

--

Michael
This worked perfectly for me.Thanks so much!

Can you post the full link path to the "fix" above? That link doesn't work. Thanks!

mherger
2013-10-05, 03:46
> Can you post the full link path to the "fix" above? That link doesn't
> work. Thanks!

Just install the latest nightly build from
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/

--

Michael