PDA

View Full Version : FLAC Tags - What does SB use to populate - load library

CPF
2013-08-05, 09:44
Hi,
Fairly new to this so apologies if this is a silly question.

Has anyone ever published the complete list/set of tags used by the SB library scanning for FLAC files?

The reason I ask is that I only want to populate my FLAC files with FLAC file tags (and not mp3) and it would help me understand the "logic" behind the SQ library loading library.

Many thanks
CPF

SB2, Synology NAS, Media Server 7.7.2, EAC ripping, MM & Mp3tag

aubuti
2013-08-05, 09:48
This wiki article has an extensive list of tags supported under different file formats, although as it notes at the top, it may contain errors or be out of date: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SlimServerSupportedTags

CPF
2013-08-05, 11:45
Many thanks, I will check it out

aubuti
2013-08-05, 11:58
One minor point: I don't have LMS handy to confirm, but I'm pretty sure that it supports ALBUMARTISTSORT , which is not listed in the wiki article.

Mnyb
2013-08-05, 20:24
Be carefull with any sort tag .

LMS has a bug ( feature ? it's actually deliberate ) to actually sort all albums by an artist by the sort tag(s) found in just one file by that artist ?

JJZolx
2013-08-05, 23:16
Be carefull with any sort tag .

LMS has a bug ( feature ? it's actually deliberate ) to actually sort all albums by an artist by the sort tag(s) found in just one file by that artist ?

It's deliberate. And in most cases it's useful. If you forget to tag some files with an ARTISTSORT or ALBUMARTISTSORT, it makes no difference - the artist will be sorted as desired by tags in other files in the library.

Where it trips some people up is when they forget to remove a sort tag or have inconsistencies in the sort string. If they can't locate the files and the data causing the behavior, it can be frustrating. Good file tagging software should be able to find nearly all such problems, though.