PDA

View Full Version : Spotify plugin not appearing

mpete631702
2013-06-11, 16:03
Hi folks,

I have an older Squeezebox v3 and a premium account with Spotify. I tried to install the Spotify app by going to mysqueezebox.com, and it appeared to work, but the app doesn't show up on my Squeezebox. It also doesn't appear in App Gallery -- Music On-Demand, either.

Is Spotify not compatible with my older hardware??

Thanks so much for your help!

Best,

Mary

mherger
2013-06-11, 22:23
> Is Spotify not compatible with my older hardware??

Yes, it's not compatible. You'd have to use Triode's Spotify plugin to
work around limitation.

--

Michael

mpete631702
2013-06-12, 07:13
Thank you, Michael! I just found instructions for the Triode plugin and will try it later today. Much appreciated!

Best,

Mary

mpete631702
2013-06-12, 16:36
And... it does seem to work with Squeezebox basic player! But, it seems to require that the Squeezebox music server is running. I had thought that Spotify would run through mysqueezebox.com, without the need for the computer that runs music server to be turned on. Does anyone know, is that correct?

(Oh... in case anyone else needs it, instructions on 3rd party Triode plugin are at https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/archives/2011/01/24/spotify-on-squeezebox-now-available/#comment-40640. ))

Many thanks,

Mary

Thank you, Michael! I just found instructions for the Triode plugin and will try it later today. Much appreciated!

Best,

Mary

garym
2013-06-12, 17:26
And... it does seem to work with Squeezebox basic player! But, it seems to require that the Squeezebox music server is running. I had thought that Spotify would run through mysqueezebox.com, without the need for the computer that runs music server to be turned on. Does anyone know, is that correct?

(Oh... in case anyone else needs it, instructions on 3rd party Triode plugin are at https://www.spotify.com/us/blog/archives/2011/01/24/spotify-on-squeezebox-now-available/#comment-40640. ))

Many thanks,

Mary

yes, that's correct. Triode's 3rd party spotify plugin ONLY works when the the local music sever is running. It won't work with mysqueezebox.com.

mpete631702
2013-06-12, 18:31
yes, that's correct. Triode's 3rd party spotify plugin ONLY works when the the local music sever is running. It won't work with mysqueezebox.com.

Thank you, Gary! I really appreciate it. ^__^

- Mary