PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox 3 operating erratically

NMarshall
2013-05-28, 03:35
My SB3 is behaving strangely after a restart of Logitech Media Server. The display is fine.
If I reset the unit, it fires up and plays whatever is currently selected on the LMS. If I select another album via the SB3 remote or LMS, the album and track information, as well as the track length, appears on the SB3 display but I have no sound output to my amp (or VU meter activity). The LMS shows the track playing normally and I can still control my other streamer, a Touch, perfectly from the LMS.
The SB3 has not been dropped. The issue is not PSU related.
Any ideas?

Pascal Hibon
2013-05-28, 12:30
If something starts to act strange it might be a good idea to do a factory reset. If that doesn’t help then maybe a xlinx reset.

NMarshall
2013-05-28, 12:51
If something starts to act strange it might be a good idea to do a factory reset. If that doesn’t help then maybe a xlinx reset.

Pascal, thanks for helpful advice. Performed two factory resets already, but not familiar with xlinx reset. How do I achieve that?
Meant to say earlier, the SB3 is wired, not wireless linked.
Neil

aubuti
2013-05-28, 13:04
For an Xilink reset, remove power from the SB3, then point the IR remote at the player and hold down the "1" button on the remote. While still holding down the "1" button, re-apply power to the SB3.
NB: Sometimes a third hand is helpful for the above maneuver.

NMarshall
2013-05-29, 01:20
For an Xilink reset, remove power from the SB3, then point the IR remote at the player and hold down the "1" button on the remote. While still holding down the "1" button, re-apply power to the SB3.
NB: Sometimes a third hand is helpful for the above maneuver.

Xilink re-set and appears to have cured the issue....huge relief and thanks.