PDA

View Full Version : Logitech-squeezebox wireless network

MeSue
2013-05-18, 16:40
I just came home from being away for a few days and there is this new wireless network showing up on our devices:

Where is this coming from?

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Please pardon any typos!)

w3wilkes
2013-05-18, 21:54
Looks like it may be a Squeezebox Duet receiver. When a player has been factory reset (press front button until it starts to fast blink) it broadcasts its MAC address which a Duet controller uses to connect to the receiver and provide the network info (Network Name, password, etc) so that the receiver can connect to your network and either connect to your SB server or to MySB.com.

MeSue
2013-05-19, 09:20
Looks like it may be a Squeezebox Duet receiver. When a player has been factory reset (press front button until it starts to fast blink) it broadcasts its MAC address which a Duet controller uses to connect to the receiver and provide the network info (Network Name, password, etc) so that the receiver can connect to your network and either connect to your SB server or to MySB.com.

Hmmm... I do have a Duet receiver connected but it's rarely used and it disappeared from the players list some time ago, and I never bothered to figure out why. I've not reset it, but I think we had a power outage while we were gone so maybe that forced it to reset. Just peeked and it is blinking red.

MeSue
2013-05-19, 10:51
Got Receiver back on the network. Thanks.