PDA

View Full Version : Hiface 1 driver

Corelli45
2013-04-28, 02:11
Hi,

I'm currently playing with a Raspberry Pi and have installed Squeezeplug to serve my Touch. So far it's proving reliable and has sidelined my rather noisy Toshiba laptop. I would like to install Squeezelite but wondered whether anyone had compiled a driver for the Hiface 1 to use with Squeezeplug,Squeezelite and the Pi. I have tried the Behringer uc 202 but there have been issues where music has stopped playing.
I'd be very grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

TonioRoffo
2013-05-01, 11:53
Hi,

I'm currently playing with a Raspberry Pi and have installed Squeezeplug to serve my Touch. So far it's proving reliable and has sidelined my rather noisy Toshiba laptop. I would like to install Squeezelite but wondered whether anyone had compiled a driver for the Hiface 1 to use with Squeezeplug,Squeezelite and the Pi. I have tried the Behringer uc 202 but there have been issues where music has stopped playing.
I'd be very grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Sure man, I'm using a W4S DAC2 which has a Hiface interface on board - I'm running it from linux with the following driver:

https://github.com/panicking/snd-usb-asyncaudio

Since I already had a dedicated XBMC machine running - I've added Logitech Media Server to it, then squeezelite and connected via USB to the DAC2. Since this setup has no local screen to watch what i'm doing, I've added "orange squeeze" as my frontend on my phone.

For me, that's now the perfect source. :)

Corelli45
2013-05-01, 12:35
Thanks for this.I'll give it a try.

Corelli45
2013-05-05, 01:26
Hi ToniRoffo,

When I ask the pi to find kernel headers, it tells me that these cannot be located.What am I doing wrong?

Corelli

sorenb
2013-05-12, 04:52
Hi

Having the same problem.
I am doing the following steps (in detail here: erich.nullo.de/?p=572#comment-178 ):

git clone *****github.com/panicking/snd-usb-asyncaudio.git
cd snb-usb-asyncaudio
make

"root@squeezeplug:/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio# make
make -C /lib/modules/3.2.27+/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/raspberrypi-linux-ada8b44'
CC [M] /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/chip.o
CC [M] /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/pcm.o
/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/pcm.c:72:2: warning: initialization discards �const� qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/pcm.c: In function �hiface_pcm_open�:
/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/pcm.c:382:8: warning: passing argument 4 of �snd_pcm_hw_constraint_list� discards �const� qualifier from pointer target type [enabled by default]
include/sound/pcm.h:805:5: note: expected �struct snd_pcm_hw_constraint_list *� but argument is of type �const struct snd_pcm_hw_constraint_list *�
LD [M] /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.o
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST 1 modules
WARNING: "snd_pcm_period_elapsed" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_card_create" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_card_disconnect" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_hw_constraint_list" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_set_ops" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_card_free_when_closed" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_lib_free_pages" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_lib_ioctl" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_lib_malloc_pages" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_stop" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_lib_preallocate_pages_for_all" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_card_free" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_card_register" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
WARNING: "snd_pcm_new" [/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko] undefined!
CC /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.mod.o
LD [M] /usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio/snd-usb-hiface.ko
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/raspberrypi-linux-ada8b44'
"

apt-get install sox

# the apt-get instructions seems to work without errors

insmod snd-usb-asyncaudio-3.2.27+.ko

# the insmod result in a "No Such File or Directory"
# so I took a look at what might be in the directory and did a "ls -l"
#
#
#
#
#
#root@squeezeplug:/usr/src/snd-usb-asyncaudio# ls -l
#total 116
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8515 May 11 21:42 chip.c
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 938 May 11 21:42 chip.h
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8076 May 11 21:42 chip.o
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 197 May 11 21:42 dkms.conf
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 230 May 11 21:42 Makefile
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 53 May 11 21:42 modules.order
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 May 11 21:42 Module.symvers
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15578 May 11 21:42 pcm.c
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 776 May 11 21:42 pcm.h
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7540 May 11 21:42 pcm.o
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 19206 May 11 21:43 snd-usb-hiface.ko
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2985 May 11 21:42 snd-usb-hiface.mod.c
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5672 May 11 21:43 snd-usb-hiface.mod.o
#-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14278 May 11 21:42 snd-usb-hiface.o
#-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 481 May 11 21:42 test-rates.sh
#
#
#
# So I change the insmod ... -> insmod snd-usb-asyncaudio.ko
#
# But it don't work either .... I guess something went wrong earlier on causing the "snd-usb-asyncaudio-3.2.27+.ko" to be missing

# I guess its the make process that doesn't wotk out as it should, unfortunately I cannot decipher the warnings being a Linux rookie :-S
# Any suggestions?

/Sorenb

Corelli45
2013-05-12, 06:06
Same for me...no ideas I'm afraid.

sorenb
2013-05-12, 06:45
Same for me...no ideas I'm afraid.

I have come across at least three different forums where they discuss the HiFace driver and there are reports of successful compiling/loading of the driver to the Raspberry Pi Linux ... but at the same time there are quite a few that seems to have this problem ... maybe the ones being succesful has just a tiny idea of what they are doing making 'small' corrections to the howto maing it work without even noticing the prob? hard being a rookie I guess ;-)
Lets see if some of the Linux wizards turn up and nail it (I have posted the same at the raspberry pi site)

/S