PDA

View Full Version : Getting lots of rebuffering lately.

Ikabob
2013-03-30, 07:42
Just lately while listening, I have been getting an unusual number of frequent rebuffers. I have not updated lately and I am on LMS version 7.7.3 (1360669278).A couple months ago I tried updating to 7.8 but the synchronization to multiple devices was off-sync slightly. Any ideas on this latest rebuffering issue. Everything was good prior to this past week or so. Thanks.

garym
2013-03-30, 07:53
Just lately while listening, I have been getting an unusual number of frequent rebuffers. I have not updated lately and I am on LMS version 7.7.3 (1360669278).A couple months ago I tried updating to 7.8 but the synchronization to multiple devices was off-sync slightly. Any ideas on this latest rebuffering issue. Everything was good prior to this past week or so. Thanks.

maybe it's just the effect of major internet slowdowns in some areas worldwide because of this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/27/technology/internet/online-dispute-becomes-internet-snarling-attack.html?pagewanted=all

doubtful this is because of 7.7.3 or 7.7.2 or 7.8

Ikabob
2013-03-30, 08:06
maybe it's just the effect of major internet slowdowns in some areas worldwide because of this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/27/technology/internet/online-dispute-becomes-internet-snarling-attack.html?pagewanted=all

doubtful this is because of 7.7.3 or 7.7.2 or 7.8

Yes, this is possible. I hope it's temporary. Thanks Gary.

garym
2013-03-30, 08:32
And I assume you mean rebuffering of internet streams not your local music. If with your local music, then it is likely a local network issue. Try playing unsynched for a while. then add back synched players one at a time to see if you can isolate the problem. But still not likely a LMS problem.

Ikabob
2013-03-30, 08:49
I'll try that. Why does the update 7.8 lack precise synchronization. It's definitely off and restarting devices doesn't help. Isn't this a bug? If 7.7.3 is good why not 7.8? Thanks.

garym
2013-03-30, 09:01
I'll try that. Why does the update 7.8 lack precise synchronization. It's definitely off and restarting devices doesn't help. Isn't this a bug? If 7.7.3 is good why not 7.8? Thanks.

Don't know. I've stuck with 7.7.2 myself. If I had a Mac, I'd likely need 7.8 for some things it fixed, otherwise haven't seen the need to move to a beta.

garym
2013-03-30, 09:13

any particular reason you need 7.8?

Ikabob
2013-03-30, 09:33
You are exactly right. I don't need 7.8. I was thinking about 7.8 only if it might correct the rebuffering issue. I'm very happy with 7.7.3. I love the entire Squeezebox ecosystem. I'm just not happy with the cut outs lately. Hopefully, it's temporary. Thanks for your help. This forum is great too!

Ikabob
2013-04-03, 04:47
FYI, I think I figured out the rebuffering problem with my Boom (Aka Clow). The plug of the power cord was plugged into a powers strip and I believe the electrical power was being attenuated in some way. Maybe the strip was old? Maybe the power cord was not securely into the strip? Anyhow, after plugging into the main outlet the buffering has stopped. I just thought I'd report this in case others may be having a similar problem. I'm happy again!