PDA

View Full Version : New / 1st Squeezebox Touch

Tohokuben
2013-03-30, 07:23
Hi all,

I've just bought and hooked up my first SB Touch. The first thing it did when I connected to the network was prompt me to do a Software Update. Is this update going to turn my Touch into a UESmartradio, or will I still be able to use it as a SB Touch? There does not seem to be an option for me to back out of the Software Update screen. My understanding so far is that it is preferable to stick with the original Squeezebox service, rather than dumbing down to the UESmartradio service; is this correct?

Thanks,

Sean

dasmueller
2013-03-30, 07:47
To be safe, do a swipe across the screen. I do not remember if it's l to r or r to l. That will get you out of the update screen.

garym
2013-03-30, 07:51
Hi all,

I've just bought and hooked up my first SB Touch. The first thing it did when I connected to the network was prompt me to do a Software Update. Is this update going to turn my Touch into a UESmartradio, or will I still be able to use it as a SB Touch? There does not seem to be an option for me to back out of the Software Update screen. My understanding so far is that it is preferable to stick with the original Squeezebox service, rather than dumbing down to the UESmartradio service; is this correct?

Thanks,

Sean

No, one can't convert a TOUCH to a smart radio even if you wanted to (only a SB Radio can be converted to a UE Smart Radio). My advice is to allow it to update the firmware to the latest TOUCH firmware. I just did this a few weeks ago with several Spare touch players I purchased.

JJZolx
2013-03-30, 14:35
I've just bought and hooked up my first SB Touch. The first thing it did when I connected to the network was prompt me to do a Software Update. Is this update going to turn my Touch into a UESmartradio, or will I still be able to use it as a SB Touch?

No, there's no UE version of the Touch. Allow it do the update so that you have the latest firmware.