PDA

View Full Version : spotify smart tv

SBGK
2013-03-26, 10:03
Is this why Logitech dropped the squeezebox concept ?

https://www.spotify.com/uk/blog/archives/2012/10/10/spotify-is-your-samsung-smart-tvs-new-best-friend/

10 a month and all the music you could want (if they have it), guy at work has it and says it's brilliant, can import/share and edit playlists, discover new music etc

He was thinking of getting a sonos, but when he saw the spotify app appear on his tv his music listening changed, he was amazed at how well it works. no need for libraries of music or different systems it's all there.

pippin
2013-03-26, 14:10
I never ever listen to music in front of the TV. No SB killer for me. Has shoddy speakers, too.

garym
2013-03-26, 14:16
I never ever listen to music in front of the TV. No SB killer for me. Has shoddy speakers, too.

And even if I did listen in front of TV, it would have to have perfect Synch with other players around the house or not a replacement for me....

Mark Miksis
2013-03-26, 14:17
I agree - I don't want to have to turn on my TV to listen to music.

However, Spotify has changed how I use my SBs. I have basically stopped maintaining my local music library and only have a library of specific artists and albums that are not on Spotify. So I now use my SBs in one of three modes: Spotify, local music or internet radio. I still need the SBs for the latter two.

bakker_be
2013-03-27, 02:31

And even if I did listen in front of TV, it would have to have perfect Synch with other players around the house or not a replacement for me....
On top of that, if you'd like to have decent quality sound, you'd need a receiver or preamp with HDMI 1.4, so the TV can send the digital audio to your HiFi, making it an altogether more expensive and less flexible solution than a Squeezebox

toby10
2013-03-27, 02:55
Is this why Logitech dropped the squeezebox concept ?

No