PDA

View Full Version : How do I add a song that is currently playing to a playlist.

Squeezed_Rotel
2013-03-09, 04:36
I am trying to add selections to a new playlist while listening to my library in "random song" playback mode. I have iPeng, SqueezePad and SqueezeCenter.
Any thoughts?
TIA
John

Mnyb
2013-03-09, 05:17
I am trying to add selections to a new playlist while listening to my library in "random song" playback mode. I have iPeng, SqueezePad and SqueezeCenter.
Any thoughts?
TIA
John

Install the playlist manager plugin if you already havenít that makes you able to add songs to already saved playlist unrelated to the one your are listening to .

Otherwise inserting stuff in the laready playing list by add next or add to end works as usual ?

Squeezed_Rotel
2013-03-09, 05:29
Install the playlist manager plugin if you already havenít that makes you able to add songs to already saved playlist unrelated to the one your are listening to .

Otherwise inserting stuff in the laready playing list by add next or add to end works as usual ?

Thank you very much, I would like to try that. But it doesn't appear in settings>plugins.

garym
2013-03-09, 06:05
Thank you very much, I would like to try that. But it doesn't appear in settings>plugins.

be sure to tick the "show 3rd party plugins" on that page

Squeezed_Rotel
2013-03-10, 04:08
be sure to tick the "show 3rd party plugins" on that page

OK, thanks. I did get the "Playlist Manager (v4.0)"
It is checked off in the plugins list. There is no change in playlist behavior as compared to the default SC type. I see no context menu as described by the author; http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk/Music/slim/PlaylistManPlugin.htm

There must be a simple way to take a song from the "Now Playing" section and add it to an existing playlist.

Mnyb
2013-03-10, 04:16
OK, thanks. I did get the "Playlist Manager (v4.0)"
It is checked off in the plugins list. There is no change in playlist behavior as compared to the default SC type. I see no context menu as described by the author; http://www.hergest.demon.co.uk/Music/slim/PlaylistManPlugin.htm

There must be a simple way to take a song from the "Now Playing" section and add it to an existing playlist.

You only get the context menu on the players and iPeng not in the web-UI .

Squeezed_Rotel
2013-03-10, 04:26

Now when my wife hears something from the random song list, I'll be able to add it to "her" playlist :)
Thank you very much.

Squeezed_Rotel
2013-03-10, 09:30

Yes, it works perfectly on all of my players, but in iPeng for iPad, I can see "playlist manager" in song info, but the only context option I see is +add to end or >play. No option to pick another playlist.

If I tap playlist manager, I see the iPeng home page and "playlist manager" page says EMPTY

Mnyb
2013-03-10, 12:22
Yes, it works perfectly on all of my players, but in iPeng for iPad, I can see "playlist manager" in song info, but the only context option I see is +add to end or >play. No option to pick another playlist.

If I tap playlist manager, I see the iPeng home page and "playlist manager" page says EMPTY

If you tap on a song in the playlist do don't have "add to..." as an option this brings forward another menu where can continue to do what want to do .