PDA

View Full Version : My squeezebox classic has wiped firmware i believe how to get firmware on it?

Ashy72
2013-03-08, 23:52
Hi, I have had problems through upgrading my squeeze box firmware in order to run on lms on a new machine i built, i wish i hadnt as i had had a very stable system running on an old linux box on an older firmware that i was happy with.....

i have had problems ever since upgrading it with static noise through the optical dacs on turn on and through a jittery display.

On reading a post on here the other day it was suggsted to press the rewind key on the remote at switch on to return to a previous firmware, i did this and now the squeezebox appears dead no life at all.
Please can anyone help me with this, its a long time since i have posted on here and i used to help lots in the past.

Mark.

Mnyb
2013-03-09, 01:37
Hi, I have had problems through upgrading my squeeze box firmware in order to run on lms on a new machine i built, i wish i hadnt as i had had a very stable system running on an old linux box on an older firmware that i was happy with.....

i have had problems ever since upgrading it with static noise through the optical dacs on turn on and through a jittery display.

On reading a post on here the other day it was suggsted to press the rewind key on the remote at switch on to return to a previous firmware, i did this and now the squeezebox appears dead no life at all.
Please can anyone help me with this, its a long time since i have posted on here and i used to help lots in the past.

Mark.

Apears dead , its not just dim press the brigtness button a couple of times ?

If you press and hold left left can you get to the setup/firmware menu ?

Ashy72
2013-03-09, 01:51
Apears dead , its not just dim press the brigtness button a couple of times ?

If you press and hold left left can you get to the setup/firmware menu ?

I tried what you suggested again, I can confirm there is no life whatsoever, I can also confirm that I replaced a failed wifi card a few months ago as my squeeze box wouldnt start up then but it was ok since i replaced it.

Ashy72
2013-03-09, 02:24
I tried what you suggested again, I can confirm there is no life whatsoever, I can also confirm that I replaced a failed wifi card a few months ago as my squeeze box wouldnt start up then but it was ok since i replaced it.

Hi, Must correct my original post that key action did not wipe the firmware off, its just a coincidence and combination of things , I have taken the squeezebox apart and I have found a dry joint in the power supply as well, there is still something wrong with the squeezebxz as it turns on as the display is very jittery when it eventually turns on but after a few minutes it stabilises and is ok, any ideas where to look? I wish i had a schematic to this i could be able to fix this with one.

alfista
2013-03-10, 15:36
Sounds like some electrolytic capacitor or other is on it's last legs.