PDA

View Full Version : Noticed small difference between radio and touch

bengaldave
2013-02-20, 20:17
Hello,

I just noticed that if I hit the now playing button on the infared remote, I can cycle through 5 screens, if I do the same on the radio it cycles through only 2 screens.

The VU meter is available on the radio, correct? so shouldn't it also be one of the screens that get cycled when repeatedly pushing on the now playing screen?

Same with the frequency screen, why does it not show on the radio?

And when the song ends, after some time, the touch displays a clock, but a different clock then when the touch is off.

On the radios, time goes on and nothing happens, except that the display dims ever so slightly.

m1abrams
2013-02-20, 21:17
These are all things you can configure.

lrossouw
2013-02-21, 00:38
On the radio\touch go to the settings menu. You can change all this to be exactly as you want it.

bengaldave
2013-02-21, 19:30
On the radio\touch go to the settings menu. You can change all this to be exactly as you want it.

Hey, thanks, which specific options would I change so that when I hit the now playing button, I can cycle through the vu meter, frequency, and the other screens on the squeezebox radio ?

Thanks in advance

lrossouw
2013-02-22, 02:10
Hey, thanks, which specific options would I change so that when I hit the now playing button, I can cycle through the vu meter, frequency, and the other screens on the squeezebox radio ?

Thanks in advance

It's something like settings \ screensaver \ now playing. Don't remember off-hand but I know you can choose which ones are included in the loop. You set these on the device.

Sorry I'm away from at the moment so won't we able to check. I'm sure you'll find it.

kidstypike
2013-02-22, 02:40
Just moved home and my Radio is packed away, but I'm pretty sure that unlike the Touch, SB Radios don't do the VU meters etc..
As far as I know the Radio just has small and large album art.

bpa
2013-02-22, 03:58
I think the Radio's CPU is not powerful enough for some of the dynamic displays and so they are not offered by default.