PDA

View Full Version : Transporter digital inputs - no sound

bzlrbi
2013-02-16, 22:22
All of a sudden, I am not getting any sound from either the optical or RCA inputs on my Transporter. I was getting sound from a CD player connected via the optical chord until now. To test, I hooked up the same CD player via the digital RCA chord. Then I switched to another CD player; still nothing.

Streaming via squeeze network is fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

garym
2013-02-17, 06:27
All of a sudden, I am not getting any sound from either the optical or RCA inputs on my Transporter. I was getting sound from a CD player connected via the optical chord until now. To test, I hooked up the same CD player via the digital RCA chord. Then I switched to another CD player; still nothing.

Streaming via squeeze network is fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

a xilinx reset can solve lots of problems. Remove power to Transporter, point at it with remote pressing the "1" button, while pressing, restore power to Transporter until menu says something about a xlinx reset. Then quit pressing "1". Let Transporter run through xlinx reset at that point.

bzlrbi
2013-02-17, 09:04
a xilinx reset can solve lots of problems. Remove power to Transporter, point at it with remote pressing the "1" button, while pressing, restore power to Transporter until menu says something about a xlinx reset. Then quit pressing "1". Let Transporter run through xlinx reset at that point.

Thanks, but no luck. The xilinx routine started immediately, but still nothing. Worrisome.

garym
2013-02-17, 09:18
Thanks, but no luck. The xilinx routine started immediately, but still nothing. Worrisome.

Next I'd try uninstalling the digital inputs plugin in LMS > SETTINGS > Plugins. Then I'd restart LMS (hit apply). Then while not connected I'd restart Transporter (push power button until it goes off then reconnects to LMS). Then I'd add back the digital input plugin, restart transporter, etc.

bzlrbi
2013-02-17, 10:08
Next I'd try uninstalling the digital inputs plugin in LMS > SETTINGS > Plugins. Then I'd restart LMS (hit apply). Then while not connected I'd restart Transporter (push power button until it goes off then reconnects to LMS). Then I'd add back the digital input plugin, restart transporter, etc.

That did it! Thanks so much!!

garym
2013-02-17, 10:12
That did it! Thanks so much!!

excellent!

bzlrbi
2013-02-17, 10:20
I added your solution to an old, unsolved thread at the Logitech forum. Thanks again!

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeezebox-Players/Transporter-SE-Doing-Everything-but-Play/td-p/680278

kandrew
2016-09-23, 17:28
Enabling/disabling digital input didn't work with a CD player.........frustrating! Still no streaming. It's like it's stuck in pause mode.