PDA

View Full Version : Deezer App

AndyBeevers
2013-02-16, 14:35
I have installed this app and signed up to Deezer - Discovery mode at the moment. The app on the ipad (squeezepad) or on the web shows two options Web Radio/ Smart Radio. How do these work. I searched for Barb Junge and got one track using smart Radio. On the Deezer web page I got much more.

The forums here show people having access to albums etc. Does the app change if you purchase premium.

Is there any info on this app.....

Thanks
Feeling a bit stupid :)

mherger
2013-02-18, 00:22
If you want real music on demand (full control over what you're playing), then yes, you'll need a premium account. Otherwise you'll only et smart radio, where you can't control what it's playing.

MarkusE
2014-05-07, 13:19
If you want real music on demand (full control over what you're playing), then yes, you'll need a premium account.

Because the last.fm app is no longer available on SB I was looking for an alternative / substitute drug and found deezer. At the moment I run the discovery mode and I'm quite enthusiastic about the variety of songs. Prior to signing up for premium I would like to know what I can do with the deezer app (and to what I was used to at last.fm).

Can I
- love songs, actually played on SB through deezer?
- love songs, played on other stations?
- add actually playing artists to my music library?
- play some kind of random mode all over my music library?
- tag artists in my music library and play the tags?
- feed playlists with actually playing songs (I think that didn't work on last.fm)?

Thanks in advance!

MarkusE
2014-05-15, 03:41
Can I
- love songs, actually played on SB through deezer?
- love songs, played on other stations?
- add actually playing artists to my music library?
- play some kind of random mode all over my music library?
- tag artists in my music library and play the tags?
- feed playlists with actually playing songs (I think that didn't work on last.fm)?

OK, perhaps a too unspecific question.
Next Attempt: Is there any documentation available which I may consult. I'd like to know which options I get on squeezebox with deezer plugin and Premium+ access. At the moment I only have a few tags and the smart radio option with discovery access.

johnas
2014-05-30, 11:52
There is too much for me to type on my phone. I don't know that you can use tags. You can add albums and artists to your library on SB and browse them. It integrates perfectly with Smartmix so you can get any kind of smart radio you want via the blender.

Personally I find the Deezer implementation pretty good. Best to sign up for a month and try it out.