PDA

View Full Version : Question - probably a dumb one

Benefactor
2013-01-14, 17:22
When my squeezebox players suddenly display the time (which is the setting when they are "stopped"), and I need to go through the setup process for all of them from the beginning (searching for network, obtaining IP, etc.) what has occurred?

It happens a few times a year...it happened today - only takes a few minutes to set the three of them back up again, but what happened to cause this?

I don't think anything happened on my end - computer with LMS on it untouched, and actively connected to the internet, etc.

Thanks for responding.

dasmueller
2013-01-14, 18:27
How are you running LMS on a PC/Mac w or wo a Nas ? Were the players connected to mysqueezebox.com or local music ? My initial thought is that you had a network issue causing the hardware to lose contact w LMS. More detail might help to answer your question.

garym
2013-01-15, 05:12
How are you running LMS on a PC/Mac w or wo a Nas ? Were the players connected to mysqueezebox.com or local music ? My initial thought is that you had a network issue causing the hardware to lose contact w LMS. More detail might help to answer your question.

agree with network issue, but typically even if you lose power or network goes down, the players should reconnect automatically to LMS on PC without going through complete setup. That part seems odd. Are all these players getting IP addresses from your router via DHCP? Or do you have fixed IP addressses setup?

HeavyB
2013-01-15, 07:01
When my squeezebox players suddenly display the time (which is the setting when they are "stopped"), and I need to go through the setup process for all of them from the beginning (searching for network, obtaining IP, etc.) what has occurred?

It happens a few times a year...it happened today - only takes a few minutes to set the three of them back up again, but what happened to cause this?

I don't think anything happened on my end - computer with LMS on it untouched, and actively connected to the internet, etc.

Thanks for responding.

Assuming you are running LMS on a PC: one solution is to turn you squeezeboxen (that is your player or players) to mysqueezebox.com before turning them off. Then when you turn them on again they will connected to it. You will still have to turn on your computer to access your music folder but this solution will prevent you from having to go through the set up process every time. The other solution is to make sure your PC (and thereby LMS) is turned on before you turn on your squeezebox(en).

Benefactor
2013-01-15, 07:08
LMS is running on my PC, and players connected to local music source. Players are getting IP addresses from router via DHCP. I didn't notice the network go down last night, but I rebooted the system, and also the router, and couldn't get the squeezeboxes back up until I set them all up again from the beginning screen. Computer stays on 24 7, 365.

Like I said, this happens maybe twice a year...I was just wondering if there was a simple answer as to what might cause it.

Thanks for the replies.

Mnyb
2013-01-15, 07:31
Mysterius never have to redo the setup regardless of where the players are conected or if server is down or not .

But be a bit patient ,just wait a while after everything is rebooted .