PDA

View Full Version : New Here :) Introduction and hopefully get some advice too!

sotelomichael
2012-12-31, 18:38
Hello everyone, My name is Michael Sotelo. I just registered to the site because I've been scouring the internet looking for the perfect media player for my upcoming project.

I'm from Texas, I love car audio, and just recently started reading up on Car PC/media players. My upcoming project is a daily driver with an SQ oriented goal. My equipment is as follows :

Source : Clarion DRX9255
Amps : Monitor 1 MK70.2 and MK70.4
Speakers : JBL C508GTI
Sub : Diamond Audio Macdaddy 12 (soon to be acoustic elegance SBP 15)

Now, I've been reading up on a way to make my old school drx9255 accept optical input from a given source. In this case, I could choose going ipad, android, etc. But what attracted me after searching for the "must-have" audio requirements, I came across the sarotech abis 260, which I've read gets decent reviews and after much searching I found the logitech squeeze box touch. Apparently it has optical out (which my head unit accepts optical in to do the D/A conversion). And I've also read that there are some adapters that allow the logitech SB touch to be used in a DC car environment (AC to DC adapter)

My question is, How do you think the logitech sb touch would behave in a car environment? I'm from Texas, so it can get a little hot here. Would you all recommend I build some sort of cover for it as well? (I'm sure it'll help deterring potential thieves)

Also, can the SB touch act as a reader if I wanted to add lets say a 1TB hard drive with lossless audio?

I'm sorry for the Newbie Questions, I hope I can get some answers so that I can start hunting one down and sharing pictures for you all :)

Thanks!
Mike

Grumpy Bob
2012-12-31, 23:32
Somewhere in these forums, I recall a discussion about using a Touch as the basis for an in-car audio system. But I cannot remember which forum, not can I find it with a quick search. Perhaps a more thoughtful search knowing which terms to use might help...

Robert

Hello everyone, My name is Michael Sotelo. I just registered to the site because I've been scouring the internet looking for the perfect media player for my upcoming project.

I'm from Texas, I love car audio, and just recently started reading up on Car PC/media players. My upcoming project is a daily driver with an SQ oriented goal. My equipment is as follows :

Source : Clarion DRX9255
Amps : Monitor 1 MK70.2 and MK70.4
Speakers : JBL C508GTI
Sub : Diamond Audio Macdaddy 12 (soon to be acoustic elegance SBP 15)

Now, I've been reading up on a way to make my old school drx9255 accept optical input from a given source. In this case, I could choose going ipad, android, etc. But what attracted me after searching for the "must-have" audio requirements, I came across the sarotech abis 260, which I've read gets decent reviews and after much searching I found the logitech squeeze box touch. Apparently it has optical out (which my head unit accepts optical in to do the D/A conversion). And I've also read that there are some adapters that allow the logitech SB touch to be used in a DC car environment (AC to DC adapter)

My question is, How do you think the logitech sb touch would behave in a car environment? I'm from Texas, so it can get a little hot here. Would you all recommend I build some sort of cover for it as well? (I'm sure it'll help deterring potential thieves)

Also, can the SB touch act as a reader if I wanted to add lets say a 1TB hard drive with lossless audio?

I'm sorry for the Newbie Questions, I hope I can get some answers so that I can start hunting one down and sharing pictures for you all :)

Thanks!
Mike

toby10
2013-01-01, 06:54
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?80255-Touch-in-a-car
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?68009-Will-we-ever-see-an-in-car-version-of-the-Touch

sotelomichael
2013-01-01, 22:14
Somewhere in these forums, I recall a discussion about using a Touch as the basis for an in-car audio system. But I cannot remember which forum, not can I find it with a quick search. Perhaps a more thoughtful search knowing which terms to use might help...

Robert

Thank you!

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?80255-Touch-in-a-car
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?68009-Will-we-ever-see-an-in-car-version-of-the-Touch

Thanks for the links! I'm reading into them :D