PDA

View Full Version : How do I create Playlists?

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 03:33
The Logitech Squeezebox Control Panel wants me to choose a Playlists folder. What does it do? Can I create playlists with Squeezebox? How? How do I save Playlists in Squeezebox?

garym
2012-12-31, 06:35
The Logitech Squeezebox Control Panel wants me to choose a Playlists folder. What does it do? Can I create playlists with Squeezebox? How? How do I save Playlists in Squeezebox?

add songs or albums to your active playlist in LMS (i.e., this is how you currently play anything). Then at the bottom right side of the WebGUI of LMS, you should see a little disk icon and trashcan icon. Click the disk icon and it will save the playlist and ask you for a name.

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 09:07
add songs or albums to your active playlist in LMS (i.e., this is how you currently play anything). Then at the bottom right side of the WebGUI of LMS, you should see a little disk icon and trashcan icon. Click the disk icon and it will save the playlist and ask you for a name.
I opened a desired folder in My Music on the left pane, and clicked the plus button ("Add to current playlist") on the right side of each track, but nothing happened. I opened current playlists, and don't find anything.

kidstypike
2012-12-31, 09:20
I opened a desired folder in My Music on the left pane, and clicked the plus button ("Add to current playlist") on the right side of each track, but nothing happened. I opened current playlists, and don't find anything.

Click the "Save" button bottom right.
Give the playlist a name, and Save it.

You need to make a playlist folder and enter it's path.

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 09:27
I already created a playlist folder, browsed to it, and selected it in Control Panel. Where do I find the save button?

kidstypike
2012-12-31, 09:41
I already created a playlist folder, browsed to it, and selected it in Control Panel. Where do I find the save button?

Using the LMS webgui, make a playlist by adding tacks from your library in the left pane to the playlist in the right pane

Click the save button bottom right of the right pane (as in first picture above)

Give the playlist a name and save it, (as in second picture above) the playlist will automatically be saved to the folder you have already selected to be your playlist folder (as in picture 3 above)

You then need to scan the playlists (as in first picture below)

Your playlist can then be found (as in second picture below)

Good luck

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 09:52
make a playlist by adding tacks from your library in the left pane to the playlist in the right pane

Click the save button bottom right of the right pane (as in first picture above)

Give the playlist a name and save it, (as in second picture above) the playlist will automatically be saved to the folder you have already selected to be your playlist folder (as in picture 3 above)

You then need to scan the playlists (as in first picture below)

Your playlist can then be found (as in second picture below)
I can navigate to tracks I want by clicking Music Folder. (I can't navigate to tracks when I click Playlists.) I click the plus ("Add to current playlist") button, but they do not go into the right pane.

kidstypike
2012-12-31, 10:04
I can navigate to tracks I want by clicking Music Folder. (I can't navigate to tracks when I click Playlists.) I click the plus ("Add to current playlist") button, but they do not go into the right pane.

Is the playlist in the right pane empty?
Or is it very full and you can't see that the tracks are being added to the end of it?

The playlist can have many "pages" as seen on the example below, they are numbered 1 2 & 3 circled in red.

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 10:07
Is the playlist in the right pane empty?
Yes, the right pane is empty when I click Playlists or Music Folder.

garym
2012-12-31, 10:23
Yes, the right pane is empty when I click Playlists or Music Folder.

odd. independent of playlist question, how do you play music without it showing up in the right pane?

kidstypike
2012-12-31, 10:29
odd. independent of playlist question, how do you play music without it showing up in the right pane?

I think I've sussed the problem.

There are no players connected to LMS. You can't add to the playlist if there are no players connected.

OP's SB is probably connected to mysqueezebox.com?

garym
2012-12-31, 10:30
I think I've sussed the problem.

There are no players connected to LMS. You can't add to the playlist if there are no players connected.

OP's SB is probably connected to mysqueezebox.com?

Aha. That would do it for sure!

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 10:36
I selected http://localhost:9000/stream.mp3, now the tracks show in the right panel, and the Save button appears. However, when I click the Save button, nothing happens.

kidstypike
2012-12-31, 10:40
I selected http://localhost:9000/stream.mp3, now the tracks show in the right panel, and the Save button appears. However, when I click the Save button, nothing happens.

This is going from bad to worse... !!

Sorry, I need to go out, it's fast approaching New Years Day in the UK ... all the best ....

garym
2012-12-31, 11:06

Why are you trying to play with that approach. I think you may be confused about how to use LMS and SB players. Lets start over. Are you using LMS, and which version. On PC, Mac, nas? What hardware player are you playing to? Touch? Radio? Sb3? Can you play something by going to my music, selecting an artist, then album? Seems like you may not have a hardware SB player if you are using the stream mp3 option. Sorry, I'm confused.

bpa
2012-12-31, 11:10
In another thread OP was trying to use MainSqueeze (SB1 emulation on Roku). A while ago I played around with it and found it behaved "peculiarly" and it also has some limitations. If Mainsqueeze is the OP'sonly player, I think OP would be best asking Mainsqueeze users in the Roku forum as they have most experience with it.

garym
2012-12-31, 11:12
In another thread OP was trying to use MainSqueeze (SB1 emulation on Roku). A while ago I played around with it and found it behaved "peculiarly" and it also has some limitations. If Mainsqueeze is the OP'sonly player, I think OP would be best asking Mainsqueeze users in the Roku forum as they have most experience with it.

Yep, no clue about main squeeze. Is this even alive and supported? I have roku but would never use for audio.

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 11:21
Why are you trying to play with that approach. I think you may be confused about how to use LMS and SB players. Lets start over. Are you using LMS, and which version. On PC, Mac, nas? What hardware player are you playing to? Touch? Radio? Sb3? Can you play something by going to my music, selecting an artist, then album? Seems like you may not have a hardware SB player if you are using the stream mp3 option. Sorry, I'm confused.
I'm using a freshly-installed LMS version 7.7.2 - r33893 on a Windows 7 PC. For my player, I simply clicked Settings/Player, and selected Mozilla from 127.0.0.1. Yes, I can play music by selecting Artist and Album in Music Folder. They play fine, as do Internet Radio stations.

garym
2012-12-31, 11:31
I'm using a freshly-installed LMS version 7.7.2 - r33893 on a Windows 7 PC. For my player, I simply clicked Settings/Player, and selected Mozilla from 127.0.0.1. Yes, I can play music by selecting Artist and Album in Music Folder. They play fine, as do Internet Radio stations.

when you select the player in the dropdown menu, don't select the mozilla 127.0.0.1. Instead select your Squeezebox hardware player (i.e., Touch, Radio, etc.). Edit: which hardware squeezebox players are you using?

toby10
2012-12-31, 11:38

Roku? Mozilla? Do you even own a SB hardware player?

couch.potato
2012-12-31, 11:48
Roku?Yes, Roku. But do not send me to the Roku Board. My Roku interface works fine. What I want to do is make playlists with a normal keyboard using LMS. Roku has no keyboard, so creating playlists on it is a huge waste of time.

toby10
2012-12-31, 11:57
Yes, Roku. But do not send me to the Roku Board. My Roku interface works fine. What I want to do is make playlists with a normal keyboard using LMS. Roku has no keyboard, so creating playlists on it is a huge waste of time.

That's not a SB player. It's a simplistic DLNA player with very limited functionality which may or may not even support playlists.
DLNA is also why it doesn't show up in LMS as a player, it can't.
Absent an actual SB player I'm not sure you can even make playlists in LMS. I'd also suggest the Roku forums, hopefully someone there uses Roku + LMS. Or, possibly, a better solution for Roku absent LMS all together. ;)

garym
2012-12-31, 13:53
That's not a SB player. It's a simplistic DLNA player with very limited functionality which may or may not even support playlists.
DLNA is also why it doesn't show up in LMS as a player, it can't.
Absent an actual SB player I'm not sure you can even make playlists in LMS. I'd also suggest the Roku forums, hopefully someone there uses Roku + LMS. Or, possibly, a better solution for Roku absent LMS all together. ;)

Yes, this explains the inability to make a playlist. as toby10 notes, doubtful that you'll be able to make a playlist with only roku as a player. Best bet is to pick up an actual SB player (used TOUCH or SB3 or new one from a reseller). Don't know if it will help with the roku, but if you want to make a LMS playlist on your computer but don't have a Hardware player, you can install SqueezePlay on your Computer. Then run SqueezePlay and in LMS select SP as the player. Then you can add songs to playlist window, save these as playlist, etc. Install SqueezePlay from here (windows installer):

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.7