Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tarik
    • Sep 2008

Connecting Radio to mysqueezebox.com

Just got a radio and with the help of the older threads put the switch to mysqueezebox option on the home menu.

I am running wirelessly. With the LMS off, I try to switch to mysqueezebox and nothing happens, it just stays at the home menu. I note that the wifi symbol is red.

What am I doing wrong?
  • noce
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Tarik
    Just got a radio and with the help of the older threads put the switch to mysqueezebox option on the home menu.

I am running wirelessly. With the LMS off, I try to switch to mysqueezebox and nothing happens, it just stays at the home menu. I note that the wifi symbol is red.

What am I doing wrong?
    wifi symbol = RED -> no wifi connection?

Comment

• Tarik
      • Sep 2008

No reason to have no wifi when LMS PC is switched off. Router is still on.

Comment

• erland
        • Jan 2006

No reason to have no wifi when LMS PC is switched off. Router is still on.
        What does Settings/Advanced/Diagnostics/Wireless Info display ?
        If it displays "Not Connected" it means that you have problem with the wireless network between the Radio and the router.
        In that case, are you saying that it switches to connected when you start the LMS PC ?

Does it connect to the wireless network if you goto Settings/Advanced/Networking/Choose Network and select the wifi network ?
        Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
        Developer of many plugins/applets
        Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• toby10
          • Jul 2007

Red icon may just mean it is not currently connected to a server. Try rebooting the player?

Try switching from LMS to MySB when player is currently connected to LMS? This should not be necessary, but might help diagnose issue.

Comment

• Tarik
            • Sep 2008

Cycled the power on the radio at the wall socket. LMS PC is on for the test below.

wifi symbol is white.

Had a look in the settings->advanced->diagnostics->general info and it shows

firmware 7.7.2r9663
            hardware revision 5

other values from various settings:

Network test passes in Network Health
            Wirless info shows the correct wifi network

Server Info shows;

mysqueezebox.com alternating between 79.125.18.91 and 176.34.103.98
            Ping OK
            TCP port 3483 ok
            tcp port 9000 ok
            registration = registered
            LMS= 192.x.x.x
            Library name=MediaLibrary
            Ping OK
            TCP port 3483 ok
            tcp port 9000 ok

Still when trying to select "switch to mysqueezebox" the screen jerks slightly to the right and then settles back as it was. Ie no change. Still appear to be connected to LMS.

Also checked and my SB Classic will switch to mysqueeze box, but squeezeplay running on laptop exhibits the same behaviour as the radio. Confused.
            Last edited by Tarik; 2012-12-30, 21:03.

Comment

• toby10
              • Jul 2007

Try a router reboot/power cycle.

Comment

• Tarik
                • Sep 2008

Router rebooted. Same behaviour experienced.

The Classics that I have are able to switch to mysqueezebox.com, it's just squeezeplay and the radio that can't

Also logged into the mysqueezebox website and I can see the Radio is listed, but not connected.

Comment

• Tarik
                  • Sep 2008

Solved

I managed to get it to connect.

1) Shutdown the PC with LMS on
                  2) Log on to mysqueezebox.com and delete the entry for the Radio.
                  3) Factory reset the Radio
                  4) Re-entered the wifi credentials to reconnect to my network.
                  5) Re-entered the mysqueezebox.com credentials by selecting connect to existing account.

Hey presto it now works. Powered up the PC and I am now able to switch between LMS and mysqueezebox.

The clue to go this route was when I got squeezeplay to work by going into the test menu and selected SN Registration. Re-entering the mysqueezebox credentials worked so I thought I would give it a try on the radio. Happy

Also worth noting that the 1st time I went through the config from new the LMS was running, don't know if that interfered.

Comment

• toby10
                    • Jul 2007

Also worth noting that the 1st time I went through the config from new the LMS was running, don't know if that interfered.
                    No, should have no affect. Best guess is the original login email or password was not correct. Often a simple blank space in the password or even at the end of the password can cause such issues.

Comment

Working...