PDA

View Full Version : Win 8 - Squeezeplay no is connecting

banned for life
2012-12-26, 17:58
Is there something remotely related to a config file that indicates network connections, net mask, gateway, & etc.?

Connection to remote library is required. Other modern applications do not exhibit this behavior.

I tried manually setting the firewall exceptions and turning-off the antivirus.

Alternately: any luck getting SoftSqueeze working on Win 8?

Thanks (maybe)

Banned For Life

banned for life
2012-12-28, 17:45
OK,

Everyone's been so much help, I can only blame it on the season.

The install of Squeezeplay on winders 8 enables firewall exceptions that do not work.

Delete the exceptions for "Jive" and create manual rules for u/t 3483 and t 9000 for squeezeplayer.exe

Thanks again for y'alls stunning response.

BFL

garym
2012-12-29, 07:34
OK,

Everyone's been so much help, I can only blame it on the season.

The install of Squeezeplay on winders 8 enables firewall exceptions that do not work.

Delete the exceptions for "Jive" and create manual rules for u/t 3483 and t 9000 for squeezeplayer.exe

Thanks again for y'alls stunning response.

BFL

thanks for pointing out the needed setup. I suspect you didn't get any responses because not many people run squeezeplay and even fewer run win8. So you might have been the first person to run across this issue.

banned for life
2012-12-31, 17:31
thanks for pointing out the needed setup. I suspect you didn't get any responses because not many people run squeezeplay and even fewer run win8. So you might have been the first person to run across this issue.

Garym

I'd much rather use SoftSqueeze. It takes Microsoft to break a perfectly normal Java implementation.

BFL

banned for life
2013-01-09, 17:58
Squeezeplay stopped connecting after 3 days.

Meridion
2013-01-12, 02:43
I can't get SqueezePlay running on Windows 8, either.

Removed firewall rules for jiive, let them recreate, manually created a rule for squeezeplay.exe. no success, although all ports for squeezeplay.exe are supposed to be non-blocked.