PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MiniBoombox speaker + Bluetooth + linux : utter failure

castalla
2012-12-25, 06:49
Are there any Linux experts out there who can help me getting the Boombox speaker working in command-line linux using bluez-utils?

Basically, the speaker and linux PC fail to pair. A different bt speaker pairs without issue.

I'm completely stumped after days of googling and fiddling with bluez.

Help!

SuperQ
2012-12-26, 01:12
Sorry, you've got the wrong forum. This forum is for the Squeeezebox system, which has nothing to do with bluetooth.

erland
2012-12-26, 02:19
Are there any Linux experts out there who can help me getting the Boombox speaker working in command-line linux using bluez-utils?

Basically, the speaker and linux PC fail to pair. A different bt speaker pairs without issue.

I'm completely stumped after days of googling and fiddling with bluez.

Help!

Probably better to post things like this in the Linux section of the forum, but for anyone that wants to answer in this thread I believe there are some more details available here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26533&p=241248

Is the Linux PC you are talking about a Raspberry Pi or is it really a PC ? Which Linux distribution and version is it using ?

Mnyb
2012-12-26, 02:47
I assume that the final goal is to have squeezelite outputting to those speakers :) which would make it squeezebox ,but I do agree that our Linux forum attract fellas with both audio and Linux skills even if better Linux support are generally found on specific Linux fora or RasPI .

castalla
2012-12-26, 03:02
I assume that the final goal is to have squeezelite outputting to those speakers :) which would make it squeezebox ,but I do agree that our Linux forum attract fellas with both audio and Linux skills even if better Linux support are generally found on specific Linux fora or RasPI .

Thanks.

I move on!

A new bt dongle arrived today - it works! At least, the pairing now works ...

Conceptronic dongle - fails

Unknown Chinese bt dongle - pairs

Spent hours over Xmas googling the heck out of this - I know more about bluetooth than I ever wanted to!

Now, on to part 2 - getting audio to redirect to the dongle!